Leidos is looking for an experienced Sr. Process Chemist at its Picatinny Arsenal, NJ site.
The candidate will be responsible for the development and execution of novel synthetic strategies utilizing state of the art processing techniques –batch and continuous synthesis energetic materials and their precursors. Responsible for design of synthetic pathways utilizing flow chemistry exclusively or to a maximum extent, establishing analytical methods for reaction monitoring, conducting process safety evaluation, conducting scale-up and process optimization through modeling, selecting commercial off the shelf automated flow equipment, and performing scale-up operations. Also responsible for developing purification and characterization techniques. Expected to lead and participate in multi-disciplinary teams to develop technical solutions. Frequently interacts with subordinates, supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers.
- Sr.Chemist or Chemical Engineer with Master’s degree plus minimum 6 years of directly relevant experience.
- Specific demonstrated experience in flow chemistry techniques required.
- Hazardous chemical handling and chemical lab experience required.
- Expert knowledge and experience with state of art process development equipment and techniques for synthesis, scale-up, and characterization required.
- Knowledge of energetic materials, formulation and crystallization techniques desirable. Experience with statistical design of experiments (DOE) methodology highly desirable.
- Must have the ability to adapt and direct research programs for rapid results. Must be able to work in a team-based environment.
- Must have the ability and desire to initiate and execute new projects.
- US citizenship required.
- PH. D in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering plus relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.