Leidos is seeking a System/ Software Integration Lab Design Lead to oversee the system integration engineering team’s development activities that are necessary to successfully complete milestones leading up to the full verification, validation and delivery of the product capabilities.
- Technical oversight for System Integration Laboratory (SIL) build-up, system requirements derivation, requirements management, requirements change management, system design development, system integration planning, system requirements verification, system performance validation, and onsite installation, setup and acceptance testing of systems.
- This position will require close coordination with Project Leadership plus proactive engagement with simulation software, subsystem procurement, hardware development teams, and other teams both inside and outside Leidos, to ensure an effective system engineering communication interface is established and maintained.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience, combined with 12+ years of related experience
- Experience with planning and managing Software/ System Integration Lab (SIL) resources to effectively support program needs
- Experience with DoD-based SIL development and operations
- Building and troubleshooting Lab networks
- Active Secret clearance is required
- Applied knowledge of the Systems Engineering “V” and Digital Engineering extensions
- Knowledge or experience in lab system design and development
- Previous experience leading a team to standup a new laboratory
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of Air Force ISR systems and operations, ranging from unmanned aerial systems to sensors, avionics, communication systems, and processing systems operating in military environments
- Prior experience mentoring junior level team members
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.