If you are an HR professional looking for an opportunity to be a strong individual contributor where you will be a true strategic partner to management and your contributions can make an impact on the business, this role may be for you! Take on a new challenge and grow your capabilities further by submitting your interest today!
Leidos has an opportunity for a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to support a portfolio of programs in the Transportation Solutions Operations. The selected candidate may be located in Gaithersburg MD, Eagan MN, or Atlantic City NJ.
The ideal candidate will come from a mid to large size company with hands-on individual contributor experience working in an HR shared services environment, supporting remote client groups, and helping managers solve complex talent issues such as difficult performance, talent shortages, engagement, and retention challenges with lots of good examples of how they have helped move their company forward. They will be proactive in identifying and solving problems. They will be friendly, helpful, and humble. We are seeking someone who is self-motivated, with take charge initiative, with the professional savvy approach to influence and gain consensus or agreement in a non-confrontational manner.
This role will partner with their client group to deliver talent needs and drive organizational performance. The position will require the development of strong working relationships in order to effectively diagnose and address business objectives. The incumbent in the role can expect to partner with their client groups on both internal HR needs as well as initiatives required to meet the customer’s mission. This role plays a key part in developing and implementing the people strategy and programs in support of short and long term goals to attract, retain, and engage the best talent.
- Provide strategic partnership to help managers make informed decisions in the areas of performance management, workforce planning, compensation strategy, talent management and development, workplace culture, and employee retention.
- Diagnose business needs and implement solutions to continually improve organizational performance and contribute directly to business strategy and performance execution.
- Serve as an advisor by appropriately challenging leaders while maintaining strong relationships and coach leaders to improve organizational effectiveness and navigate organizational changes to advance the business.
- Participate in initiatives, work groups, panels, and other activities across the corporation. Serve as a liaison between management and the Human Resources Centers of Excellence to effectively resolve issues, implement and deploy programs, as well as adhere to company policies and mitigate risk.
- Assist in growing the business by helping with new business and proposal initiatives.
- Partner with Workplace Relations (WR) to investigate and resolve employee relations issues and diagnose and resolve trends and systemic issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration (or related field). Will typically have 8-10 years of relevant experience. Must possess at least 2 years of experience in a role supporting senior and/or executive management/leadership at a mid- to large-sized company.
- Broad HR expertise to include talent management, performance management, employee relations, and compensation with strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience implementing employee engagement and retention strategies and leading and driving change within client groups.
- Demonstrated experience with coaching, influencing, and building effective relationships to influence decisions.
- Experience working with management of all levels, to include first-level supervisors all the way through to senior-level management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a professional demeanor and strong consultative skills.
- Strong business acumen with an ability to diagnose and support data-driven decision-making.
- A team-player with a willingness to be hands-on with tactical duties as needed and an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Willing and able to travel (up to 25%) as needed.
- Ability to visit U.S. government facilities, unescorted (must be US citizen for our sites).
- Experience working in an HR shared services environment.
- Experience providing HR support to federal government contractors.
- Experience supporting a geographically dispersed workforce within the US.
- Experience supporting proposals and acquisitions.
- Experience with Workday desired.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:HR Business Partner
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.