Airborne Solutions within the Defense Group at Leidos has a dynamic opportunity for an Aviation Project Manager located in Manassas, VA to assist in the management of project cost, schedule and performance. As the Project Manager, you are responsible for day-to-day PMO operations, sub-contracts management, and execution of operational support. In this role, you will assist with developing and maintaining the schedule and cost for the acquisition, design, modification, and delivery of aircraft of various types, and advise the leadership team on all schedule and cost aspects of projects and programs involving aircraft modification and enhancements.
- Assist the Program Manager in the execution of program activities, interface with the senior levels of the customer's organization, consult with customer and leadership personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverables, ensure conformance with program and project task schedules, costs, and contractual obligations.
- Manage a diverse team of professionals to ensure the success of program requirements.
- Managing the day-to-day administrative program functions to ensure team cohesion.
- Ensure the maintenance of all equipment and facilities are in kept in accordance with US Army and local regulations.
- Lead a team of subcontractors, ensuring they maintain cost, schedule, and performance.
- Evaluate, create and execute aircraft modification, ground test, and flight test plans to optimize effectiveness and prevent schedule disruptions.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of four (4) years of prior relevant experience in an aerospace discipline; or a Masters with (2) years of experience. Additional years of applicable experience may be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- Three (3)+ years of experience leading teams or projects
- Experience working in the aviation industry, working on DOD programs, projects and in DoD air worthiness requirements.
- Experience on programs modifying aircraft
- Familiarization with procurement workflows, financial systems, and project planning
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
- Experience with and understanding of AS9100 certifications
- Experience with MS Project, Office, PowerPoint
- Knowledge and experience with FAA Part 145 guidelines
- Experience with operational airborne ISR
- Active Secret Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.