The Defense Group of Leidos has an open position for a Applications Systems Administrator II in Colorado Springs, CO.
Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The Applications System Administrator II will support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.
This position will report directly to the Applications Lead.
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of NORAD/USNORTHCOM applications, including associated hardware.
- Provides monitoring, recommendations and updating for current applications and new systems, implementing critical application patches, responding to incidents, scheduling O&M activities and coordination of all customer related issues.
- Monitor, organize and work collaboratively in a technological environment to support an established collaborative work environment.
- Provide input to a database to track all Software licensing requirements and provide timely and accurate annual costs to Government.
- Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with support teams on systematic enhancements or changes.
- Review and update current processes and procedures to ensure their accuracy in accordance with customer requirements and contract policies.
- Actively manage incident tickets and provide status updates on each ticket per SLA.
- Provide system and application diagnoses to remediate issues while engaging other teams as needed.
- Bachelor’s with 2-4 years of experience or Master's with less than 2 years of experience, additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Must have CompTIA Security+ce at start date.
- Must have Server 2012/2016 MCP certification.
- General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP.
- Ability to present to executive management incident debriefs and root cause analysis reports.
- Must be available for on-call support as required.
- Day-to-day fluency using Microsoft Active Directory to manage policies & user objects.
- Knowledge of security policies and general vulnerabilities management.
- BS or MS degree in associated field.
- Proven knowledge of computer security principles and DoD security protocols.
- ITIL Foundations Certification.
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills.
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts.
- Familiarization of NORAD/USNORTHCOM missions and DOD regulations and directives.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.