Leidos is seeking a Capital Projects Project Manager, reporting to the Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) Program Project Management Office (PMO) Manager. The Project Manager will be executing various projects on the Leidos ASC program which supports the National Science Foundation (NSF). The NSF is responsible for the operations and redevelopment of three research facility campuses in Antarctica. The Project Managers are responsible for managing projects from project planning/project initiation through pre-construction budgeting/schedule stage, procurement, issued for construction drawing development, construction, commissioning/space turnover and contract closeout.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Lead project teams and ensure project completion within budget, schedule and conformance with design documents and governance documents.
- Working with all departments including facility operations, transportation & logistics, engineering, estimating, scheduling, procurement, finance and accounting to achieve an integrated team approach.
- Develop project acquisition strategies with the project team and subcontracting department.
- Develop logistics plans that allows contractors to complete their work in a coordinated, efficient manner.
- Coordinate and integrate the activities of all of the Project Team members and support functions. Establish priorities for the project staff based on client and project requirements.
- Manage the subcontract team to ensure compliance with the subcontract terms and conditions and performance baseline commitments.
- Review and approve all major purchase orders, change orders and contractor/vendor requisitions as prepared by the project staff.
- Establish regularly scheduled meetings to review the following: shop drawing preparation / approval, equipment/material lead times and required on-site dates, manpower projections vis-a-vis the project schedule, quality/performance issues on and off site.
- Review and approve all project forecasts, schedules, cost estimates, financial reports.
- Ensure that the customer is apprised of all deviations from the project baseline data (i.e., original schedule, budget, etc.) and obtain approval for deviations.
- Attend monthly project/client meetings to review project progress and issues. Present project data including Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) specifics, schedule trending analysis and critical path analysis assessment.
- Obtain client’s acceptance of the work, and sign-off for the completed project. Responsible for the preparation and submission of the final project report, and prompt closeout of the subcontracts.
- Develop contingency planning scenarios to recover performance baseline (cost, schedule and scope) to ensure delivery on commitments in the contract/subcontract.
- Developing, presenting, and obtaining approvals of Mission Needs Statements, Functional Operational and Requirements documents, and Analysis of Alternatives.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of Construction and/or Project Management experience with Vertical Construction/Building Projects, 4 of those at the Project Manager or Construction Engineering Manager level of responsibility. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Relevant experience includes the delivery of complex projects ensuring coordination of multidiscipline and multi-company teams, understanding design risk assessments and reviewing technical design documentation for coordination of civil, structural, mechanical and electrical designs especially with engineering support during construction, and managing Building Information Modelling to identify and resolve design and construction interface issues.
- Must have experience maintaining current infrastructure while building replacement infrastructure.
- Must be articulate, able to communicate with multiple levels of clients and stakeholders.
- Must have current working knowledge of construction industry standards and certifications.
- Must have demonstrated experience maintaining cost and schedule performance using earned value methodologies.
- Experience managing various types of contracts for subcontractors including, but not limited to, Fixed Price, Time and Materials, Design Build, Incentive Based.
- Remote and/or extreme environment construction experience.
- May require frequent deployment to Antarctica.
- Professional Registration or Project Management Institute certification is desirable.
PHYSICAL AND / OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Deployment will be required in this position. This position requires successful completion of the National Science Foundation (NSF) physical, dental, and psychological examinations for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. US citizenship or permanent residency is required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.