Leidos is seeking a 508 Compliance Analyst Lead to work with our Federal client in Arlington, VA. This is a direct, full-time position supporting Veterans Affairs.
The successful candidate will lead a team of Section 508 Compliance Analyst to perform 508 compliance testing on a variety of websites and documentation. This position will serve as Scrum Master and liaison with Function and Design Teams, Product Owners, and Developers to ensure accessibility of the new Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) application experience. As part of the team, the candidate would:
- Assist client organizations to assess, diagnose and help rectify digital accessibility issues on existing and new solutions, providing ongoing monitoring and progress reports ensuring Mobile and web accessibility compliance over time.
- Use online web accessibility tools or program to help determine if web content meets accessibility guidelines as defined by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, 2.1. Section 508 testing will focus on sight impairment issues using the tools like Andi, Object Inspector 32, Web Accessibility Toolbar (WAT), Job Access with Speech (JAWS) or similar tool.
- Analyze the vendor generated Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT™) to map the section 508 standards of the information and communication technology (ICT) products such as software, hardware, electronic content, and support documentation to ensure they conform to the Revised 508 Standards for IT accessibility.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with customers and other cross-functional teams to analyze information needs and functional requirements, and communicate requirements to development teams.
- Participate in regularly-held Functional, Master Test, and Customer meetings to represent the 508 Team and share 508 progress.
- Support efforts to test the client’s solution for accessibility and usability compliance. Be knowledgeable in how to write a 508 Test Case from a Workflow, run test cases and open defects as test is run in support of surge needs.
- Provide day-to-day guidance to Test Analysts; around process questions, working to remove roadblocks, and assisting with escalations. Manage team test case assignment queues; priorities coming in; and defects opened.
- Facilitate document of 508 Testing team processes; assist with quality review, edits, and recommendations on 508 Test team process documentation and templates.
- Provide content, reviews, make edits, provide feedback, and approve all status reports, metrics, and deliverables before submissions.
- Initially, primary responsibility of the position will be to identify developer guidelines to support Section 508 and prevent usability problems; create a process for identifying potential compliance issues and documenting issues in user stories for prioritization by the client for resolution; and pro-active testing for Section 508 compliance for functionality available to end-users.
- Require BS degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience
- 5+ years of professional experience
- 5 + years of experience and practiced skills with 508 Compliance/Accessibility testing
- 2+ years of practiced skills with general software testing (Functional, Regression and Integration)
- Leadership skills in documenting, presenting and liaising with different organizational groups and levels and/or clients
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Experience in collaborating and interacting with other functional testing team
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Ability to learn very quickly and share knowledge with other team members
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to multi-task, organized, ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment, and very detail oriented
- Existing VA PIV and VA GFE
Additional Preferred Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge of 508 accessibility testing techniques and remediation tools
- Experience with VPAT analysis, conformance to accessibility standards and implementation.
- Experience with 508 tools such as JAWS, PAW, WAT, Ferret, Narrator, or Common Look (or others)
- Experience working with Federal Government projects
- Experience with Agile delivery
- Experience with automation test tools such as Selenium (Java)
- Experience with ALM and other project repository tools.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.