The Defense group of Leidos has an opening for a Network Operations Center Technician to be based in the Colorado Springs, CO area.
Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The Network Operations Center Technician will support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.
This position will report directly to the Network Operations Center Lead.
- Performing duty as a Network Operations Watch Officer
- Provide network expertise to the Government operations center personnel
- Provide network monitoring and status updates and reporting on a daily basis
- Act as the communications focal point and liaison for remotes site reporting and tracking of IT issues
- Monitor network tools for availability and performance
- Act as the liaison between Government operations (J63) and sustainment (J66), CWOC, NORAD/USNORTHCOM Command and Control (N2C2) Center and Contractor personnel
- Perform COMSPOT monitoring and tracking, support development of COMSPOT and Executive Summary (EXSUM) Reports
- Provide coordination of Authorized Service Interruptions (ASIs)
- Provide coordination with Technical Management teams (N2C2, Sys Admin, Net Ops, Applications and Cyber Security) on Various IT issues, open tickets and track resolution
- High School Diploma and 3 plus years of experience; additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree
- Must have DoD-8570 IAT Level I baseline certification at start date
- Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management
- Expertise in one or more of the following: routers, switches, crypto devices, routing, DSN/DRSN, Video Services, Promina, CISCO, Juniper, MSPP, DWDM, Optical Switching
- General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP
- Must have current Secret with ability to gain TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor's degree in associated field
- Current DoD 8570 IAM II (CompTIA Security+ce and CASP+ce) certification or equivalent
- Server 2012/2016 Server+ certification and experience
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
- Familiarization of NORAD/USNORTHCOM missions and DOD regulations and directives
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.