Our Company is a science and technology solutions leader built on a legacy of daring innovation and outstanding accomplishment. We have a dynamic opportunity for a Systems Engineer located in San Diego, CA, one of top 10 tech cities in the nation. We are motivated to hire!
The successful candidate will be working in an integrated enterprise team at one of the Navy’s premier software development laboratories. Position responsibilities will include:
- Provide system and software analysis and support the definition of a Navy ISR Enterprise Data Management Strategy.
- Provide technical advice and recommendations regarding the planning, implementation, and management of Battlespace Awareness and Intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) Services with existing and emerging infrastructures to include recommendations for solving interfaces and other ISR and Command and Control (C2) capabilities.
- Validate and expand as necessary DCGS-N Increment 2 use case.
- Analyze requirements and further decompose for subsequent use by the software development team.
- Provide specific recommendations for technical solutions to access and exploit information available from evolving and emerging sensor platforms as well as new sources to include Human Intelligence (HUMINT) and Measurement and Signal Intelligence (MASINT).
- Provide engineering support for participation in prototype demonstrations, fleet exercises and limited objective experiment (LOE) demonstration.
- Participate in meetings, working groups, and technical discussions, including professional seminars and conferences associated with the work performed in this project. Will participate in Integrated Product Teams used to increase knowledge and understanding of the technical requirements for their search, development, integration, test/experimentation and ultimately, end products to the user.
- Will be required to research, design, write, and review a wide range of technical documentation that will include but not be limited to: technical manuals, design specification documents, interface requirements specification, system user guides, reference manuals, installation guides, and data sheets that may be required to assist with the design, integration, testing, and fielding of the system; will provide project briefing materials upon request.
- Option to work a 9/80 work schedule (i.e., 9 hour days, then off 8 hours on first Friday and off the second Friday)
- Relocation assistance available to move to San Diego, CA.
- Position requires US citizenship and an active TS DoD security clearance with SCI eligibility
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 8-12 years of system engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience in requirements decomposition.
- Experience that demonstrates ability to analyze risks and uncertainties and ability to navigate projects through established processes.
- Understanding complex system development methods.
- Knowledge of software design patterns.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Experience working in government/defense labs and their computing restrictions.
- Three years’ project management experience.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira).
- Experience with continuous integration environments (e.g., Jenkins).
- Experience developing in Linux and a virtualized environment.
- Proficiency with at least one Relational Database Management System (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.