Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
Responsible for developing, maintaining and executing test plans in a multiple baseline, multiple classification environment with significant COTS, GOTS, FOSS and custom programs' software, hosted across Windows, Solaris and Linux architectures, deployed to workstations, servers and Web, worldwide. Knowledge of Electronic Light Table (ELT) software such as RemoteView, is helpful.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Writes and updates test plans, procedures, project schedule, and test reports
• Executes test cases (especially integration and regression), documents findings and raises problems with software maintainers; helps identify work-arounds
• Plans test support around system transitions, migrations and infrastructure updates
• Proven experience working with multiple baselines and datasets, multiple classifications and system architectures
• Excellent attention to detail; works well under pressure to meet team deadlines
• Captures and configuration controls test artifacts from each test cycle
• May support Enterprise test/data events, steering groups, readiness reviews, demos or TEMs, or write/update discrepancy reports, problem, incident or PTR tickets
• Identifies risks, issues and concerns and offers mitigation plans
• Fluent with MS Office and Windows desktop, RHEL and Solaris architectures helpful
• Working in multiple test environments and virtual machines, SCCM thick and APP-V virtual deployments is helpful
• Experience in simple process automation, especially PowerShell and Unix shell scripts is helpful
• Experience in test automation (e.g., Selenium or similar) is helpful
• Identifies opportunities for technology insertion or test automation
• Identifies gaps in documentation, functional test coverage and knowledge; recommends corrective actions, especially scheduling knowledge transfer TEMs with SMEs
• Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
• Responsible for entire projects or processes within a technical area.
• May be responsible for coaching and peer reviewing the work of other testers
• Develops technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
• Strong communicator who shares information across stakeholders, including customer, program management and SMEs, vendor, external program POCs
• Works to influence team members with ongoing process improvements, regarding solution design, process and/or approaches. Conducts continuous lessons learned with stakeholders.
• Maintains required training, system accounts and privileges needed for ongoing test support
Education & Experience:
• Requires Bachelors Degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.