The Systems Engineer (Storage) evaluates implements and maintains Storage Area Networks (SANs) and storage systems across enterprise platforms. Responsibilities include the evaluation, design, implementation and support of Storage and Backup Infrastructures. The Engineer performs storage allocations and capacity planning for infrastructure components. The Engineer functions as a Tier 3 resource troubleshooting escalated issues and performing root cause analysis as needed. Contributes and develops best practices, methodologies, templates and documentation. Provides recommendations for the improvement of the infrastructure and works with Storage & Backup O&M team and end customers for cross-functional tasks. Maintains updated knowledge of industry trends and new technologies and recommends future initiatives. Performs other job related duties as assigned or apparent.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Troubleshoot SAN (including NetApp FAS and E-Series systems) platform issues and perform other system support tasks such as monitoring, log management, tier 2 incident and problem escalation support, performance monitoring, and hardware replacement
- Provide dedicated support for troubleshooting of Storage and SAN platform issues and users questions; work with users to resolve tickets
- Support patch and maintenance of infrastructure systems to be compliant with security scans
- Work with engineering to improve the supportability of the domains and maintain the application delivery systems
- Provide direct support to other Server infrastructure teams and cross train to alleviate single points of failure and meet ongoing responsibilities
- Investigate, evaluate, and recommend other viable hardware and software solutions as appropriate; identify efficiency opportunities
- Interpret and implement system standards, processes, and security specifications to maintain organizational IT standards
- Provide formal documentation and status reports to fulfill organizational compliance requirements and to serve as reference material for other teams.
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 12+ years of experience in system administration; additional experience in lieu of degree.
- 8+ years of Systems Engineering experience with progressively complex responsibilities over that time period;
- No less than 4 years of hands-on experience with designing, building, and deploying complex storage systems involving SAN, NAS, SCSI, iSCSi and fibre channel technologies;
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral forums.
- Ability lead technical teams
- Proficient in Visio
- Experience with NetApp FAS series cluster mode and associated hardware.
- Experience with Commvault Simpana integrated data management system.
- Experience with Brocade fiber channel switches and
- Experience with Brocade Network Advisor (BNA).
- Familiarity with Artico StorNext gateway appliance.
- Ability to lead technical teams
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.