Looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to work in a fast-paced and dynamic operational environment. The candidate will support current network platforms and applications. The candidate will also be familiar with the integration of software tools used in deployments of networks to include the management of their implementation. Must possess a strong Linux background. The Candidate will install, configure and support the customer’s data communications systems; maintain the network hardware and software as well as monitor the network to ensure network availability to all system users; and perform the necessary maintenance to support network availability.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering or related discipline with 12+ years of experience; Additional experience in lieu of degree
- Current and active TS/SCI clearance w/polygraph
- 8+ years’ experience as a Systems Engineer with a strong Linux engineering background
- Must have a background working in a complex network environment leveraging Cisco, Juniper, RedHat and/or Ubuntu
- 1+ years' Juniper experience;
- 4+ years’ experience establishing and troubleshooting VPNs; knowledge and/or experience with policy-based routing; 4+ years’ VMWare experience
- 1+ years’ experience in Bash, Python and Perl scripting
- Knowledge of the following protocols: HTTP, FTP, NNTP, SMTP, LDAP
- Must be willing to travel OCONUS 10% of the time
- Must be weapons certified
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.