Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Due to Business growth we having an opportunity for Project Manager to join our team
Responsible for the successful co-ordination and delivery of assigned projects, working across multiple teams including technical subject matter experts. Building and maintaining relationships to deliver business focused outcomes working alongside the project portfolio manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Successfully deliver assigned IT projects in line with Leidos processes and following the Leidos Project Lifecycle (PLC). Actively contribute to the development and implementation of these processes
- Be responsible for the creation and management of schedules to deliver the projects within agreed timeframes, ensuring they are kept up to date and all project dependencies closely monitored.
- Manage all stages of a project from business case creation to project close including, but not limited to, briefings, checking drafts, maintaining and distributing status reports, implementing and justifying as necessary amendments to ensure the project is delivered on specification, within budget and to the highest quality
- Formally agreeing the scope of work package and managing any variations in accordance with approved Change Control processes
- Lead and facilitate user acceptance testing (UAT), support successful project delivery and user adoption by ensuring pre-determined stakeholder acceptance criteria is met.
- Support test case creation for End to End testing, including UAT
- Compile and manage project budgets and project estimates. Manage and maintain all aspects of these budgets. Regularly monitor time/expense accrued against project budgets and agreed specifications and proactively challenge or raise issues with appropriate stakeholders
- Contribute to the development of creative campaigns that align with project requirements and, where appropriate, support the delivery of an overarching communication strategy
- Where required, draft and edit clear, creative and technically accurate communications that achieve their purpose within a communication strategy
- Requirement identification and management. Facilitate scoping, business needs, objectives and outcomes. Be able to analyse and trace agreed requirements with key stakeholders
- Stakeholder Management: Build and maintain networks with a diverse group of stakeholders to influence and support the delivery of projects
- Maintain the Risk and Issues registers identifying new risks and appropriate mitigation strategies
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office products and a basic knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Ability to liaise with internal teams on daily basis to plan, manage resources and schedules
- Experienced in creating clear and concise deliverables to ensure a successful project outcome first time
- Excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills
- Solid understanding of the project life cycles using Prince 2 or APM methodologies
- Ability to define benefits and how they will be realised
- Confident communication skills with the ability to interact with individuals from a range of backgrounds and levels
- Team oriented interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively across a broad range of people and roles, including vendors, IT and business personnel
- Able to excel at being a team player including working in virtual teams
- Innovative thinker with a keenness to suggest, discuss and implement improvements
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Self-starter with self-motivation and target driven
- Prince 2 Foundation beneficial
- Experience of working in waterfall, Agile and hybrid delivery environments
- Experience working within an ITIL environment
- Exposure to a large enterprise environment working in a US centered company
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.