Leidos is seeking a mid-level Load Balancing and Traffic Manager to partner on a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD. The Load Balancing and Traffic Manager provides technical network administration and operations. This role maintains enterprise network infrastructure to ensure proper configuration, availability, performance, capacity, and maintenance (including application of the latest patches and upgrades). This role monitors technology obsolescence, manages upgrades, and evaluates alternatives across on-premises and cloud IT infrastructures, both virtual and physical as well as ensures normalization.
This role monitors operations and collects and evaluates metrics to manage network services and for inclusion into project KPIs and Service Level Agreements (SLA). This individual performs risk assessment, risk mitigation analysis, vendor trade studies, and appropriate documentation to ensure network services are available according to established Service Level Agreements (SLA). This role ensures continuity of operations including disaster recovery.
This role is responsible for installation, configuration, administration, support, and maintenance of networks, including associated hardware and cloud resources. Duties include updating to new technologies, tuning performance, and prioritizing the implementation of critical system patches. This infrastructure includes on-premises and cloud resources.
- Develop, collaborate, and implement technical solutions.
- Support customer requirements in a 24/7/365 environment.
- Provide general network administration mentoring and training to 24/7/365 personnel.
- Develop and update technical solutions, operations, and maintenance documentation for 24/7/365 personnel.
- Experience providing technical mentorship to junior team members on tasks or technology assignments.
- Experience establishing plans that meet project objectives.
- Domain and expert technical knowledge.
- Experience working independently on technical network activities in support of a client.
- Experience interfacing with team members and clients on requirements and solutions.
- Experience reviewing other’s technical work.
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP)
- Typically requires BS with 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2- 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Security Clearance Requirement
Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
An active TS/SCI with a polygraph is required in order to be considered for this position.