Leidos is seeking a senior level Load Balancing and Traffic Manager to partner on a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD. The Load Balancing and Traffic Manager provides technical expertise in network administration and operations on a large network enterprise, multi-enclave environment. This role maintains enterprise network infrastructure to ensure proper configuration, availability, performance, capacity, and maintenance (including application of the latest patches and upgrades). This role also monitors technology obsolescence, manages upgrades, and evaluates alternatives across on-premises and cloud IT infrastructures, both virtual and physical as well as ensures normalization.
This role monitors operations and collects and evaluates metrics to manage network services and for inclusion into project KPIs and Service Level Agreements (SLA). This individual performs risk assessment, risk mitigation analysis, and appropriate documentation to ensure network services are available according to established Service Level Agreements (SLA). This role ensures continuity of operations including disaster recovery.
This individual will work in a team environment to ensure mission needs are met and ensure functionality of capabilities of customers
This role is responsible for leading the installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of networks, including associated hardware and cloud resources. Duties include updating to new technologies, tuning performance, and prioritizing the implementation of critical system patches. This infrastructure includes on-premises and cloud resources.
- Interact with customers to handle service inquiries and problems.
- Lead and support implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT networks.
- Coordinate with customers and stakeholders to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated issues and requirements.
- Develop solutions to complex technical issues.
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for root cause analysis, engineering technical assessment and process improvement initiatives.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Support customer requirements in a 24/7/365 environment and schedule.
- Provide general network administration mentoring and training to 24/7/365 personnel.
- Develop and update operations and maintenance documentation for 24/7/365 personnel.
- Experience providing technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Experience leading and support implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT networks.
- Domain and expert technical knowledge to rapidly distinguish isolated problems.
- Experience directing and coordinating activities for a client to ensure that technical requirements are met.
- Experience interfacing with senior management to handle service inquiries and problems.
- Experience supervising others.
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP)
- 8-12 years of experience is required and a Bachelor’s degree is desired. In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, 4 additional years of experience may be substituted. In lieu of a Master’s degree, 5 additional years of experience may be substituted.
Security Clearance Requirement
Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
An active TS/SCI with a polygraph is required in order to be considered for this position
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.