Leidos has a current opening for a Desktop Imaging SME to support an existing program, with positions predominantly in Rockville, MD. The Desktop Engineering Image SME will support the Global Infrastructure Development Acquisition (GLINDA) End User Computing Services (EUCS) Program for the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission. This program is the successor to the ITISS and MOM FA2 IDIQs with services support running through April 2023.
The selected individual will support Leidos EUCS in collecting the required software components from the various hardware and software vendors such as drivers, installation packages and the like for the purpose of creating images for the supported hardware platforms using standard toolsets, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) and Software Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), and processes.
- Assist in the enterprise images’ architecture, implementation, and maintenance of the organization's desktop infrastructure environments including installation, upgrades, software deployment, patching, and high-level troubleshooting.
- Develop and document architectural design for endpoint hardware (both physical and virtual) as well as operating systems configurations and management capabilities.
- Perform secure baseline image creation and tailoring of Windows operating system images for specific hardware configurations from a common core baseline.
- Conduct Windows 10 Readiness and Compatibility Assessment of hardware, software, and infrastructure environment.
- Support application packaging, deployments, documentation, and release control in an Enterprise environment.
- Write documentation, including project plans, backup plans, business continuance, installation procedures, and troubleshooting tips. Creates diagrams, including technical topology.
- Develop Windows 10 Base Image, crafting the operating system and GPO settings so that they integrate with all enterprise hardware and software.
- Create / maintain custom task sequences and other custom code for front-end image management
- Validate that each image meets the customers’ supplied requirements and internal quality guidelines
- Provide desktop management automation through scripting to deliver consistent and predictable services
- Ensure that the images load without errors and completely in all supported scenarios (e.g. Vendor staging, DMA, bare metal re-image, USB Flash Drive, USB Drive, Network, etc.)
- Work in close relation with the Release Manager and Application Packagers.
- Maintain documentation of their activities and having checklists for the various tasks in their respective area of responsibility.
- Open and follow-up on incidents with the hardware vendors in the event of a problem relating to A supported hardware platform
- Keep abreast of changes occurring in the client environment that could have an impact on deliverables.
- Ensure that the drivers and UEFI/BIOS levels and configurations are certified.
- Conduct sanity testing of images before it is handed out for QA testing.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree (in Computer Science or related field), and at least 4 years' related experience, including at least 3 years specializing in Windows desktop, server and enterprise technologies. Working understanding of Active Directory including Kerberos, GPO, LDAP, and basic Forest/Domain design/deployment. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience managing Microsoft Active Directory to include implementation of group policy objects (GPOs).
- Proficient in scripting, PowerShell a must.
- Experience configuring and maintaining Microsoft Windows security technologies
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. Ability to create packages, deployments, task sequences, and site configuration and troubleshooting.
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows OSD (Operating System Deployment) principles and implementation including Sysprep, Windows Image Format (WIM), Unattended automation, User State Migration Tool (USMT), Windows Preinstallation Environment (WinPE), and Preboot Execution Environment (PXE).
- Microsoft Windows 7 through Windows 10 operating systems build-out, imaging and deployment, backup & restore, patching, hardware management, resource management and allocation, troubleshooting, vendor management, critical incident response.
- Windows Servers: 2012 R2, 2016 (physical and VM) experience highly desired.
- Configure and maintain DISA STIG and patch compliance on virtual machines and Windows 10 workstations, working closely with the ISSO to ensure compliance.
Other job functions
- Monitor system performance and troubleshoot issues
- Ensure security and efficiency of IT infrastructure
- Upgrade systems with new software releases and hardware purchases
- Provide government and contract leads with regular reports outlining pertinent information
- Collaborate with fellow IT staff to diagnose and fix issues as quickly as possible
- Create and update technical documentation, work instructions or user guides, and standard operation procedures (SOP)
- Assists government representatives with input on SIPR projects
- Administer SIPRNET multi-function printers
- Maintain installed PCs and peripherals with routine maintenance
- Collaborate with IA team to ensure RMF documentation is complete and accurate
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) Certification in Windows 10, Server 2012 or 2016.
- Proven experience as a System Administrator on a Windows domain
- Experience deploying software packages in System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Experience patching Windows assets using Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- Experience with Tenable scanning software, specifically interpreting scan results
- Experience configuring VMware virtual machines is a plus
- Working knowledge of batch scripting, VB Scripting, or PowerShell
- Working knowledge of Linux is a plus
- Presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work quickly, accurately, and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Must be highly organized, proactive, and collaborative.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and be flexible and agile to meet quick turnarounds and hard deadlines.
- Knowledge with other tools and techniques specific to this service area to efficiently conduct the transition of current data, information, and knowledge.
MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AN NRC PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE PRIOR TO START. Due to contract requirements, only U.S. Citizens will be considered. This position is not eligible for telework. The position will be based at the NRC HQ in Rockville, MD
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.