The NISC III program within the Leidos Civil group is seeking a Training/Curriculum Developer to provide support to implement a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Air Traffic Organization (FAA) crisis response and emergency operations training program including the design, development, standardization and evaluation, and analysis of the training program effectiveness.
Duty location will be at the Air Traffic Control System Command Center (ATCSCC) in Warrenton, Virginia.
In this role as an FAA ATO Crisis Response and Emergency Operations Training Development Coordination Professional, you will support the ATO’s emergency operations programs, including crisis response, continuity, contingency, and emergency exercise activities.
Additionally, this position will support the Joint ATO Command Crisis Action Team (JCAT) when activated at the FAA Air Traffic Control System Command Center (ATCSCC).
- Produce objectives, materials, and evaluation products for the training program.
- Develop and implement a training plan;
- Document the training plan;
- Prepare training related documentation;
- Coordinate the plan with agencies outside of the FAA involved with emergency procedures;
- Analyze and report the effectiveness of the training plan.
- Normally requires a BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional years of related work experience may be substituted for a degree at the hiring managers discretion.
- Ability to conceptualize all facets of a training program to include the development of objectives, training materials, and evaluation products.
- Ability to develop and lead working groups comprised of multiple agencies and senior level individuals to achieve common training objectives.
Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Power Point.
Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Experience as an FAA Staff Support Specialist supporting a training program.
- Air Traffic Controller or Flight Service Specialist experience.
- Knowledge of FAA Crisis Response and emergency operations.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to convey complex topics in a clear and compelling manner.
- Knowledge of the FAA Air Traffic System preferred.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.