Looking to advance your career? Join the Leidos team and gain valuable experience in one of the fastest growing areas in IT!
Leidos Corporate Group is seeking for a Splunk Administrator to join our Information Technology Services (ITS) team. In this role, you will provide overall administration support for a very large distributed Splunk environment, spanning security, performance, and operational roles. You will have the opportunity to increase your skills with the product and engage with team members that have over 10 years’ experience on the platform. You will also leverage your Splunk experience to provide full system life-cycle support, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, documentation, and implementation following defined best practices and operational workflows. Furthermore, you will work with other Engineering team members and interact with senior management and end users to gather requirements and perform troubleshooting, as well as handle seldom, barely defined, and unusual job events.
- Bachelor's degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant IT experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Splunk administration experience including but not limited to writing searches, modifying Splunk configuration files, installing software, designing dashboards and onboarding new data.
- Medium to Strong Linux Admin skills , including CLI.
- Basic understanding of scripting via Python, BASH etc.
- Project Management and ITIL Change & Configuration Management experience.
- High quality professional writing and verbal communication skills and abilities.
- US Citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance.
- Experience in other systems and network management products
- Current or former completed Splunk training
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.