The NISC III program has an opening for a Construction Project Engineer (with Fuel Storage Systems expertise), to provide technical assistance to the FAA's Fuel Storage Tank (FST) Program Office.
The employee will deal with all aspects of construction, including management and scheduling, and will become a technical expert in the design and operation of FAA fuel storage tanks, and regulatory compliance and operations.
Specific duties include:
- Support of FAA Projects involving propane, diesel, gasoline, and waste oil AST and UST systems, inclusive of all piping and control systems.
- Performing operational and compliance evaluations of fielded and planned systems in support of FST National Program Office initiatives.
- Directing implementation of FAA FST modifications.
- Providing plant engineering recommendations and prepares engineering designs to assure fuel systems meet NAS operational standards.
- Providing subject matter expertise regarding configuration, component selection and placement, and risk mitigation for operation of tank systems.
- Preparing and maintaining documentation supporting system designs, specifications, procedures, drawings and project manuals.
- Investigation of existing systems / operations and identify equipment and processes for design modification
- Designing government fuel systems including above ground / underground storage facilities, hydrant pumping and distribution systems, waste fuel recovery, emergency fuel shutoff (EFSO) and terminal automation / fuel system controls
- Preparing construction drawings and specifications for Military & Commercial Fuel Systems
- Working independently as well as support and assist project management team
- Providing technical supervision and assistance to ensure project activities are technically valid and results are coordinated for project continuity and control
- Coordination of technical activities with other professionals and field personnel
- Maintaining up to date records including correspondence, design direction, progress submittals, schedules, meeting documents, shop drawing review, test reports, as-built records and other documents necessary to document engineering activities
- Coordinating the preparation of required interim and final deliverables for projects in his or her charge
- Preparing and recommending scientifically valid and appropriate quality assurance measures for technical assignment
- Acting as liaison with other professionals and field personnel to accomplish the efficient and smooth implementation of project directives.
- Normally requires BS degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree at the hiring manager's discretion.
- Experience in the specialized fields related to fuel storage system operations with demonstrated experience in assessments and remedial actions under environmental regulatory requirements.
- Working knowledge of API 650 and API 653 and experience using AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Power Point.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- The ideal candidate will have familiarity with potential safety and health hazards associated with project activities and be able to advise management of construction of procedures to mitigate.
- Previous experience with FAA fuel delivery systems is desired.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Environmental Eng
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.