The Government Health and Safety Solutions group is currently seeking a Project Manager to support a large healthcare contract in Windsor Mill, MD
Under the direction of the Project Management Lead, the PM will provide IT project management support on select Leidos VDC task orders for the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). These responsibilities include:
- Working with the lead Project Managers for multiple complex projects and work orders.
- Reviewing the status of projects and budgets; managing schedules..
- Assessing project issues and developing resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- You must be able to collaborate with multiple customer and internal stakeholders (customer project leads, program management, various engineering functions, Security, QA, proposal intake team, etc.).
- Ensuring the development of documentation and processes to support the project solution.
- Fostering and ensuring a collaborative, service oriented, revenue driven environment.
- Communicating effectively with stakeholders across the organization to gain the necessary support for the successful integration of new technologies and enhancements to existing systems.
- Coordinating client meetings, assessments and reporting activities.
- Helping to create, document, and establish organization policies, standards, and operating procedures.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining Risk Logs, Action Item Logs, Issue Logs, Lessons Learned, and general management deliverables and processes for a complex program.
- Support proposal activities
- Participate in internal and external Project Review meetings as required
Participate in Earn Value Management meetings as required
- Ability to complete the responsibilities outlined above.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Expertise in understanding and mitigating risks to business operations.
- Prior Information Technology professional experience
- Prior Project Management Experience; managing mid-size to large projects.
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written, with customer level audience (attention to detail is very important). Prior experience preparing and presenting executive and technical level presentations.
- Prior Experience in leveraging new technologies to solve business problems with appropriate business case development.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and a team player.
- Program schedule, cost, scope, and performance knowledge.
- Agile-based knowledge and skill; Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification or equivalent experience
- ITILv3 certified
- BOM/BOE familiarity/expertise
- Project Management experience in the implementation of projects across various platforms such as UNIX, Sun Solaris, zLinux, Windows, Mainframes, and WebSphere.
- A familiarity and understanding of various functional areas would be helpful (Voice/Data Communications, Unified Communications solutions including VOIP, Cisco networks, F5 Load Balancers, Firewalls, EFT, Remedy/SNOW, Release Management, and Testing).
- A familiarity and understanding of various tools would be helpful (e.g. CA Wily ExtraHop, New Relic, etc.).
- Specific experience in the data center infrastructures environment area is a plus.
- Product integration experience (implementation of new applications and services, network and capacity planning)
- PMP certification (must also keep current)
- BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- ITIL certification
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.