Situational Awareness Chief Engineer
Leidos is looking for a Situational Awareness Chief Engineer manage, normalize and improve Interface Control Documents and Architectural System Design across a Family of Systems. This position will provide technical guidance to Prime Contractors and Suppliers for our customer. The Situational Awareness Chief Engineer will work closely with the development teams, internal integration and engineering teams, and various customer stakeholders while being a key technical leader on the program.
- Manage Customer owned ICDs and Software suites, ensuring compliance toward a Family of Systems implementation
- Make recommendations to the Customer and if directed, supervise the implementation of these recommendations to the Prime and Suppliers, for ways to make software interfaces normalized and compliant across the customers’ Family of Systems
- Provide technical expertise to software development and systems/engineering teams
- Ensure that Prime/Supplier acceptance tests are compliant with Customer Requirements and do not violate or water down Customer Requirements or ICDs.
- Provide Customer with recommendations to remove roadblocks as well as recommendations to work to an enterprise Family of Systems solution
- Critical member of Prime/Supplier Change Request board to ensure requested changes do not have adverse impacts to the Family of Systems
- Support Prototype and Future Technology efforts
- Support Proposals and Change requests
- Work with external teams to ensure successful integration
- Must currently posses a Top Secret clearance, with a Polygraph
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Agile Development knowledge and experience
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to detail
- Capacity to work well in groups and the ability to lead a team.
- Required Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Ground Station Development, Unmanned Air Systems, SIGINT, SAR, Electronic Attack
- Mission Planning, Threat Situational Awareness, Program Acquisition & Execution
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.