The Leidos Corporate Workplace Security Team is seeking an experienced and energetic security professional to provide security management and support to our new corporate headquarters facility in Reston VA.
This position will oversee and manage the physical security program for the headquarters facility and will also develop and support corporate wide security programs to include visitor management, CCTV and management of the contract guard force.
The Headquarters Security Manager will have responsibilities related to both commercial and classified business operations and is expected to be knowledge and experienced in applying best practices to support asset protection/loss prevention, security and threat assessment programs, and emergency preparedness. Additionally, they will be responsible for guiding and supporting the application of physical security measures under U.S. government national industrial security directives (i.e. ICD, NISPOM, etc.).
Responsibilities will include developing security measures to prevent the loss, damage or compromise of intellectual, financial and company assets as well as providing a safe and secure environment for Leidos employees, affiliates and visiting personnel. These security measures may include but are not limited to – construction and design standards, physical/electronic security systems, visitor management, parking management data protection and information system infrastructure protection.
The preferred candidate will have a strong background in devising and managing a range of systems and programs for the protection of corporate workplaces and operations, to include physical, technical and procedural approaches to risk management.
This position will be based in Reston Virginia and will require infrequent travel, typically within the National Capital Region (less than 10%).
• Works under the guidance of the Workplace Security Program Manager to manage the day-to-day physical security operations and apply Leidos standard security practices at the corporate headquarters
• Develops and documents security requirements and procedures
• Serves as the primary point of contact for the corporate Visitor Management program
• Works with internal partners to develop effective strategies to mitigate vulnerabilities, maintain continuity of operations and safeguard the organization from security risks
• Manages access control for the facility, to include the main lobby desk, conference center reception, badge office and parking garage
• Works in conjunction with the corporate FSO to ensure compliance with applicable standards for all classified areas
• Actively manages and prioritizes multiple projects at the same time.
• Coordinates with vendors for service/installation/testing of security systems and related devices
• Participates in the performance of site facility surveys, security risk assessments, business continuity plans, emergency response plans, and other security related activities
• Oversees the uniformed guard force
• Must be available to take after-hours phone calls regarding HQ security concerns and be able to respond to the facility in case of after-hours emergencies
• Bachelor’s degree in security management, criminal justice, homeland security studies or other relevant field with 5+ years managing similar security functions or security related processes
• Experience with principles and practices of security management, including business management practices, personnel practices, administrative practices, security preventative practices, executive protection, investigatory practices, and related legal responsibilities
• Working knowledge of risk assessments, general security operations, business continuity planning, emergency response planning
• Experience with managing security for large and complex facilities
• Technical knowledge of electronic and physical security systems
• Process oriented with attention to detail
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of both small and large teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Customer focused attitude and highly developed customer service skills
• Ability to interact effectively with technical and non-technical audiences via both verbal and written communications (e.g., technical writing, procedural development, requirements analysis)
• Current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with active Top Secret Security Clearance, SCI eligibility is preferred
• Experience with the Software House C*CURE security management platform preferred
• Accreditation/certification in physical security, security management, risk management or project management (CPP, PSP, PMP, etc)
• Experience with government customers
• Skills with MS Office, Visio and graphic editing software
• IT/networking background
• CCTV experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.