Leidos is seeking a Data Warehouse Analyst to join our Corporate Information Office (CIO) Services team. In this role, you will work closely with Informatica Tech Lead, IT database administrators, systems administrators, and development team to administer, develop, implement, and maintain the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and related Operational Data Stores (ODS). You will contribute throughout the data management lifecycle process areas such as data acquisition, management, manipulation, and analysis of data and report results from an Enterprise Data Warehouse environment.
- Develop the Exchange Transform and Load (ETL) mappings to extract data from source systems, transform the data for the receiving systems and the load the data into the receiving system.
- Develop database models in support of the data warehouse. The models are designed using the Kimball methodology.
- Support procedure development, troubleshooting, system configuration, security administration, and account setup.
- Support the lifecycle of physical data models and data maps for data warehouse system.
- Provide assistance to end users and programmers regarding data warehouse related problems and issues.
- Provide technical expertise to end-users who create complex queries and reports.
- Coordinates, schedules, and tests upgrades to the data warehouse system.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years’ experience in the information technology arena.
- Prior experience should include experience in Enterprise Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, analytic computing, data analysis, and pattern identification with various forms of data.
- Hands-on experience with Oracle RDBMS, PL/SQL & SQL Server platforms and ETL tools such as Informatica.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform data analysis, troubleshoot data integrity issues and strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Since this team provides 24/7 operations support, you must be willing and able to provide rotational on-call support (required).
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance.
- Experience in documenting and mapping interaction (source-to-target, source-to-ETL mapping) between business processes, information, and data for projects which are of medium to high complexity and moderate to high risk.
- Experience with reporting tools such as Cognos, OBI & MSFT BI
- Familiarity with development methodology such as Agile, Waterfall and Systems Engineering
- Familiarity with Big Data concepts such as Data Lake technologies, Hadoop, NoSQL
- Familiarity with Data Science and Data Mining techniques
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.