Reinvent yourself at Leidos! Uncover your potential by becoming a member of our team as our latest Electrical Engineer working in San Diego, CA only 15 minutes from the Beach!! Help us support the Missile Defense Agency in the design, construction, and testing of electro-optical/infrared satellite systems, which include advanced on-orbit processing electronics. This is a highly dynamic and integrative environment in which talented and creative engineers can thrive as they interact with a diverse array of multidisciplinary engineers. We are seeking a highly motivated engineer skilled at electrical engineering.
Fun stuff on the job:
- Work with actual space hardware, including camera drive electronics, FPGA processing boards, power systems, DSP boards, PCI & VPX busses, stepper motor controllers, health and status circuits, cryocoolers, and spacecraft data interfaces
- Provide technical expertise in digital and analog circuit design to more junior engineers
- Technically manage a small team of electrical engineers
- Participate in all phases of electronics design from cradle to grave, including requirements definition, block diagrams, schematic capture, board layout, board fabrication and assembly, board test, electro-optical testing, system integration, buyoff tests, and on-orbit support.
- Support testing, characterization, and analysis of electro-optical systems
- Collaborate with signal processing experts, software leads, and FPGA designers
- Produce reports, presentations, and participate in working groups
Skills you must have to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering with at least 12+ years of related experience
- Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Strong understanding of digital and analog electronics
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working with cross functional teams developing embedded hardware
- Motivated self-starter able to work under minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience with designing electronics for spacecraft or for military products
- Experience implementing interfaces such as Ethernet, Spacewire, GigE Vision, and CameraLink
- Experience with OrCAD, PADS & Hyperlynx
- Experience with Xilinx Vivado, VHDL or Verilog
- Experience with Xilinx Kintex Ultrascale, and Actel RTG4
- Ability to assist in generating schedules
- Demonstrated technical leadership of small electrical engineering teams
- Experience with electro-optical and infrared systems
- Experience with adaptive signal processing
- Experience with embedded C and RTOS
- Have or are willing to obtain a top secret clearance
External Referral Program
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.