Windows Systems Administrator, VMWare
Candidate will support the system integration of cross domain security solutions and other security technologies in a small team environment as well as supporting the development and integration lab environment. Candidate will directly provide Operations and Maintenance support and cross over support to engineering tasks. Candidate must be able to learn the system architecture and data flow, and proactively monitor the systems to prevent system problems.
Specific duties include tasks such as:
1) Manage systems in VMWare environment.
2) Install COTS and developed software.
3) Install and reconfigure assets to support new or changing lab project needs.
4) Monitor the systems for possible hardware problems, working with vendors to resolve issues.
5) Run scripts to perform house-keeping against the data in the production system databases.
6) Participate in customer exercises by setting up the exercise system and ensure that the data needed for the exercise is received and processed properly.
7) Write scripts to monitor the system for problems.
8) Monitor the systems for possible system problems, analyze the problem for resolution paths, and implement solutions (e.g. database tables getting too large, data not flowing properly through the system, data not being processed in a timely manner, etc.).
9) Install Operating System, other Commercial-Off-The-Shelf patches, and establish secure (hardened configurations) on servers.
10) Set-up/maintain user accounts.
11) Support the customers' needs (resolve connectivity issues, permission problems, etc.).
12) Participate in program meetings to discuss technical issues or coordinate production system changes.
The candidate will have significant direct contact with the immediate customer and the organization’s IT staff. Work Location: Washington D.C.
**** TOP SECRET FINAL with ability to obtain SCI ****
Five (5) years’ experience of which at least three (3) years must be in area of expertise. Specialized experience includes: superior functional knowledge of task order specific requirements, or developing functional requirements for complex integrated systems. Must demonstrate the ability to work independently or under only general direction.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Proficiency in the following:
- VMWare architecture, setup, configuration, management
--Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support
--Knowledge of VMWare related hardware and software
--General hypervisor troubleshooting skills
--Knowledge of VMware best practices, vMotion, DRS, FT, vDS, PKI, and HA
--Knowledge of vCenter and Update Manager installation and upgrading as well as ESXi host
- Windows 2008~ 2016 experience - Design, configuration, implementation, security hardening, administration, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Experience in managing applications in a PC/LAN, client/server stand alone and Active Directory environments.
- Hands on lab integration skills and/or system deployment skills.
- MUST BE ABLE TO FUNCTION WITH MINIMAL OVERSIGHT.
- Windows Update Server (WUS)
- MCSE certification (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer)
- MS Exchange configuration and administration
- System backup and restore using Enterprise level backup solutions
- Network storage configuration and maintenance (EMC VNX SAN)
- SharePoint – installation, configuration and administration-
- Network device (firewalls, switches, routers) configuration and trouble shooting.
- Unix (CentOS 7, RHEL, SE Linux).
- Thin client setup, administration.
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS and protocol analysis skills.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.