This position is for a Cloud Systems Engineer responsible for setting up a new AWS environment for an IT program for the FBI. The FBI IATI program provide cross domain services to the FBI and other federal agencies. Cross domain services facilitate the passing of data across security boundaries. The team consists of developers, network engineers, and systems administrators who collectively design and operate this system.
As more FBI systems move to the AWS cloud, the cross domain management office is ready to explore setting up cloud systems to work with the other FBI systems that are migrating to AWS. IATI is in need of an AWS engineer who can work with the FBI Cloud Management team to design, set up, and pilot the AWS cloud ingest and egress servers. No previous experience with cross domain systems is required, however, this will be the only AWS engineer position on the program so a successful candidate must be very familiar with AWS design and best practices to be able to successfully lead this effort.
**** TOP SECRET FINAL with ability to obtain SCI ****
- BS/BA Degree and 3-5 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s Degree with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience (in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, System Administration, Cyber Security)
- Hands on experience designing and setting up systems in AWS
- System integration – experience in system integration, test, debug of COTS/GOTS systems
- Excellent customer communication and customer relation skills
- Experience migrating on premise systems to the AWS cloud
- Experience architecting systems in AWS
- AWS Certification
- Ability to demonstrate creative, thought leadership in security solutions appropriate for customer and program
- System security architecture and design
- Experience taking systems through certification and accreditation, security assessments, audits, and continuous monitoring
- Integration of one or more cross domain products (guards, one-way transfers, multi-level access solutions).
- Integrating with typical IT support infrastructure services: LDAP, Active Directory, log archive
- Ability to communicate issues and concerns effectively at all levels through effective verbal, presentation, and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.