The Government Health and Safety Solutions Group is currently seeking an opening for a Web Developer in Bethesda, MD. As a member of our software development team, the individual will manage and maintain numerous Intranet and Internet websites using open source technologies to include, but not limited to, PHP5, HTML5, CSS3, ReactJS, Drupal and MySQL. Responsibilities will include:
- Creating new sites, features and enhancements according to client specifications
- Consulting with clients and other developers to define the right solution
- Interacting directly with clients to outline requirements and provide frequent updates
- Creating custom applications based on client needs
Excellent communications skills are a must, as the candidate will interface with academic researchers, senior staff, government customers, and contractor support personnel on a daily basis. The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and will be accustomed to working in a dynamic high-tech environment. This position presents ample opportunity for professional development and growth for the right candidate. The preferred applicant will have experience.
- BS/ BA with 3+ years of working experience
- Demonstrated proficiency and working experience in PHP 5, HTML5, CSS3 and MySQL
- Working experience in building websites that are Section 508 compliant
- Experience with LAMP
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for open source
- Ability to multi-task
- Fast learner and proactive
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience in mobile development
- SharePoint Development
- Drupal development
- Elastic Search development and administration
- Experience integrating 3rd party APIs into PHP
- Interest in consulting and training, beyond simply coding
- MySQL administration
- IIS administration
- Windows and Linux Server administration
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Website Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.