The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking to fill a Media Production Assistant/IT Training Support in Bethesda, MD.
This intermediate level position works closely with the IT Training and Video Production Specialist to assist in the planning, production, and execution of photography and video initiatives for the Program. Organizational and communication skills plus the ability to work both as part of a team and independently are required. This position is located at our customer site working with one of the centers of the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Perform the full scope of studio photography sessions: Assist in and execute still and motion content, including pre-production, production, and post stages of media projects including but not limited to: lighting setups, sound, video editing, image balancing, and asset management.
- Must know how to shoot studio photography as well as “live-action” photography.
- Will have a willingness to learn and strengthen their skillsets in photography, video production and post-production editing for multi-media platforms.
- Manage the storage, setup, and maintenance of all studio equipment, and provide technical support for all logistical needs related to assigned projects.
- Organize media libraries including uploading and management of internal media library.
- Work with various NIH customers to gather projects requirements, assess feasibility of video production requests, create schedules for project planning activities, and communicate project status and timelines effectively to appropriate stakeholders.
- Assist with planning and developing video projects by transforming training and other objectives into production ideas and assisting with determining format, approach, content, and level of presentation.
- Assist the IT Training Specialist with providing individualized and classroom training on an array of IT software packages frequently used at NIH, in a backup capacity, as needed.
- Provide technical support to end users with troubleshooting technical issues related to audioconferencing tools, provides end users with status updates, when needed, reports complex problems to Team Lead or escalation, and assists staff with field work as needed.
- High School Diploma and Minimum of 3 years’ experience in digital photography and demonstrated ability to tell compelling visual stories.
- Basic knowledge of media production and direction, script writing, and must have broad knowledge of photographic processes, methods and new technologies, with the ability to troubleshoot and figure out how to use equipment with minimal direction.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to assist with conceptualizing an idea, producing each element, editing them into a cohesive product, and delivering it within the specific timeframe.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple deadlines exercising competent judgment.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Lightroom
- Basic knowledge of video production software
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Visual and Graphic Design
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.