Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We are looking for an experienced Accountant to cover Maternity for 12 months. The role will have responsibility for all the accounting aspects of the Leidos supply (LSL) entity with particular focus on the Sage accounts payable sub-ledger.
This will include management of a team of 5 people with a focus on efficiency through SLA’s and systems development.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- All accounting aspects of the LSL entity
- Monthly reconciliation of AP sub-ledger and Escrow bank account and balance sheet accounts
- Daily management of the Accounts payable team including staff development
- Development and adherence to the department KPI’s and SLA’s
- Daily operational meetings with Leidos Supply counterparts to ensure three way match issues are tracked and resolved
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry to meet the weekly CPSP deadlines
- Ensure timely payment of commodities suppliers within terms
- Actively manage supplier relationships ensuring a high level of customer service at all times
- Develop statistical and financial reporting of the AP functional
- Produce weekly AP dashboards
- Report AP Team monthly performance
- Process the weekly CPSP invoices
- Lead the weekly CPSP meeting ensuring the accurate coding in accordance with MoD guidelines
- Reporting on exceptions and errors in CPSP processing and see through to resolution
- Any adhoc duties in line with the departments objectives
Key Result Areas:
- Timely and accurate reconciliation of LSL balance sheet
- Insightful reporting of commodities ledger activities SLA’s and KPi
- AP ledger aging kept to a minimum
- Improvement in 3 way matching rates
- Development and motivation of staff
- Process improvements
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.