Join a great team! This is a rare opening on an amazing contract! Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Network Engineer to support a position in Northern Virginia. No more than 5% CONUS travel is required for this position.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for designing, installing, configuring, and supporting required activities as they pertain to an organization’s network, intranet and internet, Voice, VOIP, workstation traffic and other data communications systems.
Duties shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- Maintain network hardware and software, to include network layer communications providing transport.
- Monitor network to ensure availability to all system users and performs necessary maintenance to support network availability.
- Support design, design documentation, factory testing and integrations of network infrastructure.
- Be responsible for installations, upgrades, support assistance and problem determination for operating systems, network hardware, and software products.
- Work with stakeholders to identify short- and long-term priorities, to include multi-year road maps, five-year program and spending plans, strategic network upgrades, process efficiencies, strategic communications, and O&M frameworks.
- Requires BS Degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering, Systems Engineering or related field with relevant experience in network engineering, network administration or systems administration, or functions on programs of similar size, scope, and complexity; and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. Substitute 4 years experience in lieu of degree.
- Cisco and Juniper Architecture experience required.
- An active TS/SCI with a polygraph is required for this position.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.