Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support our Audiology operations at the Naval Submarine Medical Research Laboratory (NSMRL) in Groton, CT. NSMRL conducts research and investigates the effects of medical, psychological, and performance issues associated with the health and performance of naval personnel in operational and non-operational settings.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide support for the Hearing Conservation Research Program
- Draft administrative correspondence of internal and external forms and paperwork
- Coordinate with internal and external collaborators to the Hearing Conservation Research Program
- Schedule, coordinate and plan travel, meetings and conferences for on-site, off-site and telecommuting staff.
- Support the development of new initiatives in the areas of hearing conservation and hearing research within the Navy
- Candidates must have completed a Bachelor's degree with 1-3 years of administrative experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Computer literacy, Microsoft Office proficiency are required.
- Candidates must demonstrate the ability to interact and effectively communicate both written and orally with a wide variety of people.
- Due to Federal contracting requirements, candidates must be US Citizens.
- The candidate will be required to acquire, at a minimum, a SECRET classification access level. Preference will be given to a candidate who already has this clearance level.
- Familiarity with HIPAA, PHI/PII compliance, etc. is highly desired.
- Administrative experience in a research or hearing-related setting is highly desired.
- Experience in a human subject research setting and experience in the US federal government system is highly desired.
- Work is to be primarily performed on a government installation. The normal work week is Monday through Friday 0730 to 1600.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.