The Defense Group of Leidos has a career opening for a Technical Solutions Engineer to support the Defense Threat Reduction Agency’s (DTRA) in house enterprise architecture and IT Roadmap needs in Fort Belvoir, VA.
Technical Solutions Engineer will perform at the Program Level, supporting DTRA with their current and future IT Requirements. This person will perform technical enterprise architecture for major DoD programs. All this work is for the DTRA customer. The Technical Solutions Engineer supports DTRA in maintaining authoring and building the Enterprise Architecture documentation and developing an IT roadmap to facilitate Mission and commodity IT modernization. The Technical Solutions Engineer works directly with the mission partners and government leadership to assess requirements and technological need that feed the development and modernization of DTRA into the next generation of IT.
Position is technological modernization supporting DTRA and its mission partners and requires;
- Authoring of an Enterprise Architecture document that details the Data Center, End User Compute, Cloud, Security and other area within the IT Enclave
- Chairing the Architectural Working Group, a multi-discipline group that works with our partners to stay on the cutting edge of DoD technology
- Development of an Architectural Capabilities Database, wherein technological solutions provided for other customers are packaged and made available for integration into other technological projects
Supporting the customer Requirements Review Board (RRB), evaluating technical requirements to determine their validity within DTRA and existing commercial and pre-built solutions capability to fit those requirements.
- Requires Masters with 15 – 20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 – 16 years of prior relevant experience; Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- 10+ years’ experience designing and architecting technical solutions with the DoD
- Previous Enterprise Architecture or IT Roadmap development
- Familiarity with DoD Enterprise Architecture Framework
- Advanced familiarity with Containerized application and Cloud deployment
- Advanced level understanding of Virtualization, Storage, End User Compute and other technologies
- Current capability to develop working relationships with Technology vendors and partners
- Insight into overall industry direction for modernization; including but not limited to; Cloud, Containerization, Object Based storage, Software Defined Networking, and Infrastructure as a service
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
- CompTIA Security+ or CISSP
- Able to perform tasks within strict timelines with little or no oversight
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, to be able to effectively document solutions and obtain requirements from customers
- Master’s Degree in a technology related field
- Advanced level industry certification in two or more Technological focus areas; Examples include: CCNP, CCIE, VCP, MCSE, AWS Solutions Architect or Developer certification, CISSP, SANS etc.
- Experience in migrating DoD workflows to Cloud providers
- Experience and High level knowledge of Hitachi (HDS) Data solutions
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.