The National Solutions Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Tier 2 Hardware System Maintainer (Day staff) to support a client’s requirements in a challenging, dynamic setting located in the Alice Springs area. The position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph. The Tier 2 Hardware System Maintainer receives and responds to problems reported by customers and escalated from Tier 1. The Tier 2 Hardware System Maintainer will work in a highly collaborative environment with teammates, key stakeholders and the Government customer to ensure mission continuity and support to the IC community.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
As a Tier 2 System Maintainer you will have the opportunity to:
- Communicate with customers and technical component’s to fully understand the problem.
- Research problems by accessing internal and external knowledge databases.
- Facilitate technical communications between operations and development staff.
- Distribute defect reports and system data collected during anomaly investigations.
- Plan and coordinates maintenance activities, performs upgrades and supports the transition and acceptance of new and modified systems.
- Examine customer problems and implement appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair, a return or service the product in the field.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
- TS/SCI with Polygraph is required.
- BA degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Proven computer hardware, software and system troubleshooting skills
- System administration skills
- Ability to recognize problems or errors, provide innovative solutions to complex problems, and respond appropriately
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- CompTIA Security+ certification
- Ability to interact with system users and customers
- Ability to be flexible to adapt to changing situations
- Ability to demonstrate resourcefulness
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.