Leidos has an immediate career opening for an Information Technology (IT)/ Systems Analyst to provide administration and systems expertise in support of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) integration and synchronized air power operations at Nellis AFB, NV. Candidates must already possess a current TS/SCI security clearance in order to be considered.
Position is responsible to perform a variety of assignments associated with systems administration and management including installing, configuring, monitoring and controlling computing environments.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues with Cisco network devices and LAN functionality and connectivity
- Perform Space Dynamics Laboratory’s (SDL) VIP-C software suite systems administration to include the VANTAGE and SkyLynx servers
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues with desktops, laptops, printers, digital senders, video teleconferences, VOIPs, and other standard office equipment; will also need to operate & maintain servers and storage devices
- Setup and operate Taclane (KG-175D, KG-175F, KG-175G)
- Track all work in designated systems (such as CIPS, Remedy and ServiceNOW), ensure completeness and accuracy of tickets, escalate issues as needed, and hand-off work between day or night shift
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand the VMware vSphere 6.0 and up (VMware VCP)
- Administer, develop, deliver, and support IT systems and services to provide secure and reliable C4ISR operations
- Perform Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012/2016 systems administration including performance tuning, system availability, capacity planning, provisioning, and security
- Administer systems/environment solutions for multiple projects and services
- Perform in depth investigations on the applications in the production system environment
- Provide configuration management, application implementation, server upgrades, software and operating system patches, antivirus updates, and data backup/restoration for client systems
- Plan for current and future technology integration and ensure compatibility and standardization based on current and projected customer needs
- Deploy, setup, and maintain customer-furnished computer systems
- Set up, administer, and service user accounts across multiple networks and client environments
- Provide service to end-users for operation, restoration, and configuration of information systems
- Troubleshoot system and software problems
- Establish and update procedures and documentation
- Ensure rigorous application of information security and assurance policies in the delivery of C4ISR services
- Perform configuration management and provide automated data processing equipment (ADPE) upgrade recommendations
- Perform COMSEC custodian duties in accordance with national and DoD directives
- Participate in special projects, as required
- Occasional shift work will be required to support exercises
- CompTIA Sec+ CE certification or higher
- 4 to 8 years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field (or 4 years of equivalent education and experience).
- At least two years experience working on Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) systems and architecture
- At least three years experience in COMSEC (accounting for and handling COMSEC items and materials)
- Associates degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field and 6 years of experience
- At least two years’ experience of Space Dynamics Laboratory’s (SDL) VIP-C software suite systems administration to include the VANTAGE and SkyLynx servers
- At least two years’ experience of VMware vSphere administration
- Expertise in one or more areas of IT, such as Microsoft OS administration (Windows 10, Server 2012/2016, etc.), Sun Solaris (UNIX) administration, Cent OS (Linux), Cisco IOS (CLI) and NetIQ Directory and Resource Administration (DRA)
- Proven skills in systems repair, troubleshooting, deployment and liquidation
- Advanced troubleshooting skills in a multi-user high pressure environment
- Experience in data cabling and computer facilities maintenance
- Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, email, SSL, OSI model and TCP/IP protocols and applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (in person and via phone/radio) with peers and management
- Must be willing and able to lift 50 pounds.
- DoD 8570 certification for IA Management Level II / IA Technical Level III; CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
- Military C4ISR (Command, Control, Computers, Communication, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance) experience
- Certifications such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), CompTIA A+ and Network +
- Knowledge of weapons systems, sensors, and major aircraft programs
- Familiarity with Falconer Air and Space Operations Center (AOC) operations and systems environment
- Familiarity with AF Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) Sentinel systems/applications and Planning and Direction, Collection, Processing and Exploitation, Analysis and Production, and Dissemination (PCPAD) capabilities
- VMware Certified Professional Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.