Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The Service Desk Lead will support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.
This position will report directly to the IT Operations Lead.
- Leads an all-star team of journeymen and junior service desk technicians responsible for the maintenance and sustainment of all systems under the NORAD/USNORTHCOM area of responsibility, to include Mexico and Washington, D.C. offices
- Oversee contractor support staff for the Service Desk services 24x7 at Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado Springs, CO
- Works with the Network Operations Center, Technical Management Team and projects team to identify existing on ongoing issues associated with the networks
- Responsible for managing all incoming trouble tickets and provide ability to understand and route standard versus non-standard fulfillment requests
- Lead efforts to track, manage and delineate various incident reports and metrics
- Lead efforts to do front line triage on incidents and provide Tier 1/2 level support to users
- Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with support teams on systematic enhancements or changes
- Review and update current processes and procedures to ensure their accuracy in accordance with customer requirements and contract policies
- Have the ability to learn and train junior personnel on new system changes as needed
- Be the single focal point for all NORAD/USNORTHCOM incident and fulfillment requests
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Troubleshoot to determine problems for operating systems, applications, network, or mobile issues
- Ensure efficiency by identifying areas of improvement and recommending procedural changes that enables the Government to attain integrated outcomes that are effective
- Mitigate risks by ensuring staff meet and exceed contractual requirements by directly interacting with operations team
- Assign tasks to contractor personnel, supervising on-going technical efforts, and managing contract performance identified by the customer
- Collaborate with other Service and Functional Leads to resolve customer related issues with company provided services
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline with 5+ yrs. of overall related experience (additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree)
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Hold DoD-8570 IAT II baseline certification (Security+ce, CASP+ce, Win10, MD-100, A+ce) prior to start date
- Prior experience overseeing staff and diverse technologies to include NOC Analysts, Subject Matter Experts, and Network Engineers 24x7x365
- Hold current Juniper (JNCIA) certifications
- Hold current Cisco (CCNA) certifications
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with NIPRNet
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with SIPRNet
- Ability to work in a 24/7 operation
- Possess management-level experience in Juniper (JNCIP-ENT) Certification
- Possess advanced Cisco (CCNP) Certification
- Demonstrated experience working with NIPRNet supporting the unclassified network system
- Demonstrated experience working with SIPRNet supporting a classified network system
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
- Familiarization of DOD regulations and directives
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to sp[email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.