No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Leidos provides support to the U.S. Department of Energy Legacy Management Program. The Civil Group has an opening for an end user/helpdesk technician providing primarily remote support. The incumbent must have the ability to work effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds and levels of computer knowledge and experience, while maintaining a professional and respectful attitude.
- Efficient, knowledgeable, and professional telephone, email, and face-to-face support of the user population to address requests.
- Troubleshoot issues presented in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Work with end users to identify and deliver required software and hardware service via telephone, email, and in-person interaction.
- Consistently provide polite, professional, and patient telephone support for a wide range of technical support needs to a geographically dispersed user population representing widely varying levels of technical capabilities.
- Perform onsite and remote analysis, diagnosis, recommendation, and implementation of corrective solutions for complex PC issues.
- Cross-train for the PC Support Technician position to provide backup of that role, as necessary.
- Provide training and support to end users and staff on computer operation and other issues. Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation software and hardware, networked peripheral devices, and telecommunications services.
- Collaborate with other IT support personnel for topics beyond the scope of first level support.
- Independently organize own work to meet established objectives, using discretion in performing duties.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of all computers, monitors, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
- Thoroughly and accurately document all activity in the organization's trouble-ticketing system.
- Position will include some evening helpdesk coverage.
- Lift up to 10 pounds; field work of 10 to 25 percent.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent, plus 0-5 years of experience.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of software and hardware and exposure to assisting others with needs related to the topics.
- Excellent technical knowledge of network operations and PC hardware and peripherals.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of computer systems and commonly used software, specifically Microsoft Windows, up to and including Windows 10 and Microsoft Office up to and including 2016/365.
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Experience with Microsoft, McAfee, Symantec, and Entrust technologies with associated certifications desirable.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:DOE Q
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.