The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Senior Java Developer in Windsor Mill, MD.
Key Required Skills:
Java EE, Hibernate, JPA, and JDBC
Candidate will participate as needed in all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, development, testing, integration, documentation and presentation phases. The candidate will apply principles, methods, and knowledge of specific functional areas of expertise to specific Work Order requirements, and make recommendations and advise on organization-wide system improvements, optimization, or maintenance efforts.
Candidate may work closely with the team leader/chief engineer on activities such as technical proposal support, defect management, software development/modification/enhancement, system integration, and maintenance/process improvement activities.
- Masters plus 7 years or Bachelors plus 9 years
Specific technical skills required include:
- Experience with usability and Section 508 principles
- SQL development for IBM DB2,
- WebSphere deployment
- Experience with modern development software, tools, and methodologies; Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Spring Messaging, Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira/VersionOne, Nexus, Maven, Jenkins, OpenShift, UrbanCode Deploy, XML/XSLT, VisualVM/Eclipse Profiler (Java performance monitoring tool), Amazon Web Services (S3),BDD (Cucumber or similar), Selenium.
- Experience identifying requirements, researching options, designing and implementing solutions at a leadership level on project work
- Experience working on Agile projects and understanding Agile terminology.
- Participate in daily scrum and provide updates.
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Test Driven Development
- Behavior Driven Development
- SSA system architecture a PLUS
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.