Leidos Government Health & Safety Solution Group in Windsor Mill, MD in support of the End User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking to improve and advance the organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our customer CMS where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We fosters a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
The ideal candidate will be a member of an agile scrum oriented engineering team providing development support from designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to the customer specifications. Strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation. The candidate may need to give presentations from time to time and often this entails producing well written technical documents specific to the customer's environment and objectives. The candidate must be able to speak clearly and communicate effectively (both written and verbally) with a customer's Technical staff as well as Senior Management. The candidate will ensures processes defined are being both implemented and followed. Participate in standardization efforts to ensure the team can take advantage of repeatable processes to support the environment Manage and work on continuous improvement of the deployment, testing, maintenance, support. Help identify areas of improvement not limited to technology but will include processes within existing Leidos engagement and define roadmaps to achieve improvement within an end-user centric service delivery environment.
Under the direction of the Development and Engineering Lead, Product Manager, Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Identify user and system requirements for new websites and applications
- Contribute skills and input to a collaborative DevOps Scrum team. Providing creative development based solutions to engineering efforts.
- Assist in IIS (Internet Information Server) setup, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Work with little or no supervision, provide guidance to the team when necessary and be able to adapt to changing requirements
- Work with customers to translate business needs into software solutions.
- Follow standard operating procedures, including following the change management process and ensure compliance with SDLC standards and other customer specified processes
- Stay abreast of current technology and seek out new tools that can be utilized appropriately
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate design ideas.
- Improve existing application UI page flows.
- Collaborate on software design and architecture.
- Create data visualizations, dashboards, user interfaces, to run on touch-screens for various products and workflows.
- Assist and collaborate with other scrum team and ServiceNow developers on initiatives and solutions.
- Front-end/Back-end portal development for T0 user self-services.
- Create wireframes to decide on layout.
- Support website planning and deployment.
- Write documentation regarding the website’s technical requirements.
- Maintain website technical documentation to assist with website maintenance and upgrades.
- Apply concepts, develops, tests, maintain and supports high-performance, innovative web-based applications.
- Responsible for troubleshooting software problems and providing solutions to overcome those problems using the latest technologies.
- In concert with the software development lead, develop, test, maintain and support high-performance, innovative web-based applications.
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex software problems and providing solutions using the latest technologies.
- Offer new and creative approaches for data presentation and visualization.
- Maintain a functioning user-accessible website.
- Use a variety of internet technologies, techniques and tools such as graphics software applications and object-oriented languages (e.g. Java, CGI, Visual Basic, HTML, XML) to create web page elements such as user interface features, site animation, special effects, databases, and e-business applications.
- Integrate new web products with existing web applications in order to improve the functionality or design of the website.
- Design and develop visually-pleasing, content rich, user-friendly interfaces with intuitive navigation.
- Deliver comprehensive web site solutions to satisfy customer requirements.
- Maintain configuration management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science with 8+ years of progressive experience in at least 5 years of experience in software/web development or Master’s Degree of Science in relevant field with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Experience with requirements development, management and architectures.
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products.
- Strong experience with IIS (Internet Information Server) setup and configurations.
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc ..) is needed to be successful in this position.
- Experience with section 508/Accessible website development.
- Experience with version control systems, GIT preferred.
- Experience in developing operational procedures.
- Experience with systems engineering and configuration management processes.
- Experience or familiarity with Agile development and testing methodology.
- Expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principals, theories, and concepts.
- Ability to work at a high technical level on all phases of systems engineering activities.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of customer organization (technical resources, management).
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Website Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.