The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support (SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN).
Supporting the SENS3 management team, the candidate will provide change management services to ensure Service Level Agreements are met, including:
- Preparing and updating the asset list of infrastructure to be used in configuration and change management activities;
- Work closely with SENS3 and government personnel to build rapport and credibility in order to establish a trusted advisor/partner relationship with individuals across IT functional areas;
- Preparing and submitting Change Requests (CRs) to the appropriate change control boards for changes and additions to SENS3 infrastructure, including but not limited to: Configuration Items (Cis) involved, details on the changes needed, impacts on existing functionality, and cost estimates;
- Including procedures in major CRs to revert to a proper operating state of the infrastructure in the event that implemented changes cause unanticipated adverse effects;
- Preparing and submitting CRs to the IT Requirements Working Group and/or the Intelligence Systems Board for major changes in the infrastructure;
- Tracking and documenting releases of individual components and integrated sets of components (such as disk images, virtual machine images, and network device configurations);
- Ensuring all changes are tracked through the DHS Systems Engineering Life Cycle prior to implementation.
Clearance Requirement: Must already have a Top Secret Clearance. Must be able to obtain an SCI and Program Suitability from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS/EOD)
- BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. 6+ plus years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's Degree.
- 5+ years’ experience in managing IT enterprise changes in configuration and service offerings.
- Experience in establishing configuration items (CIs) validating accuracy of change requests, and supporting change boards and working groups.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining a highly accurate configuration management database.
- Knowledge of strategic communications and change management methodologies and process improvement methodologies.
- Candidate must demonstrate familiarity with the Remedy Ticketing System as it relates to Change Request workflow, stages of approval process and Change Request artifact entry.
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering project documentation and implementation plans to support engineers in the completion of Change Request documentation.
- Must be able to multitask and keep multiple change requests organized and within project timeline.
- Must display a keen alertness to the constantly changing status of change request as each request moves through various stages of the approval process.
- Must be flexible with work hours to accommodate emergency request and change request submission deadlines.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- DHS Experience
- Experience with using Microsoft SharePoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Business Process Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.