Are you interested in continuing your career in Europe in a mission focused environment? Leidos Defense Group has established positions throughout the European theater supporting a large and newly awarded Department of Defense, network and communications contract. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement EUCOM and AFRICOM mission objectives. Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Computer Support Administrator (CSA). This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, US EUCOM and US AFRICOM located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. This position is required to travel OCONUS.
As the Computer Support Administrator, you are responsible for maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting and repairing personal computer systems, hardware, software, computer peripherals, and AV equipment. Assist employees via remote access, phone, or in person. You may also mentor or train other Computer Support Administrators. Candidates need excellent problem-solving and customer service skills, as well as extensive experience with desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity. You must be customer service-oriented and proactive in anticipating and resolving problems while maximizing efficient use of computing resources. In this role, you may be required to provision and maintain mobile devices (NIPR, SIPR).
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Works well in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- Experience interfacing with both client managers and system users.
- Support systems and applications on a geographically dispersed Windows 10 Enterprise network.
- Install, configure and maintain desktop and laptop PCs, mobile devices and peripherals, such as printers.
- Install and configure application and operating system software and upgrades.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues and work with other teams to identify root cause and resolution.
- Perform multiple device configuration including personal device support and configuration.
- Remove old equipment and perform data migration to new machines.
- Shows proven experience in implementation and administration of infrastructure services like FTP, IIS, DNS, DHCP, and GPOs.
- Analyze user needs for business applications.
- Research alternatives and propose solutions.
- Coordinate hardware and software system installation and ensures specifications are met.
- Create and maintain thorough documentation for all desktop solutions and troubleshooting instructions in the Knowledge Databases.
- Work with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensuring that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule
- Analyze and make recommendations for hardware and software standardization.
- Provide remote support and/or travel to customer sites as required.
- Must hold an active Top Secret/SCI Clearance and be able to maintain
- BA/BS + 3 years recent specialized or AA/AS +5 years recent specialized or a major cert + 7 years recent specialized or 9 years of recent specialized experience
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator MCSA: Windows 10/Office 365
- DOD 8570 IAT 2 compliance (CompTIA Security +, equal or greater)
- TESA eligibility
ITIL v3 - Foundation
- Automation using Microsoft PowerShell, VBScript, or batch files
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
- Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
- Experience working with basic networking to include foundations of Cisco Routers and Switches
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.