Leidos is seeking highly motivated Telecommunications Technicians to support to a new public sector program. Candidate must have experience with site surveys, identification of power requirements, build-to instructions, installs, troubleshooting, repairs and maintaining network/communications equipment. Candidates must have experience providing reports, completing requests for new service, determining methodology for installing equipment, connectivity and network services, and must provide incident management/logical provisioning for customer networks. The candidate will ensure deployment readiness such as availability of parts and access to customer locations. Other activities include, but are not limited to, logical port activations, script configurations changes, site decommissions, activation of new enterprise services, and documentation of changes or deviations from the engineering design. The candidate will be required to conduct service testing and quality assurance reviews once implementation/installation is complete.
- Maintain and repair customer enterprise systems.
- Maintain technology/telecommunication equipment and installs, upgrade and remove equipment and associated wiring.
- Interpret service orders, circuit diagrams, and electrical schematics.
- Test, locate, and repair equipment problems associated with trouble calls, and performs routine maintenance.
- Verifies work order information and receipt of all necessary equipment and information.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Fiber and copper installation and support experience (termination, testing, installing).
- Support initiatives for project-related and ongoing operations for voice communication services.
- Implements and troubleshoots voice related solutions/incidents/system outages.
- Monitor, review, recommend, test and implement new software revision/ feature sets/ Patch evaluation and periodic system refresh.
- Provide operation and maintenance service per defined service level agreements.
- Remote site telecommunications service support.
- Fiber and copper cable infrastructure plant maintenance.
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Certifications: BICSI, Fiber Splice, SIPT
Security Clearance Requirement
- Must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph in order to be considered for this position.
- **Position requires ability to satisfy a government administered high risk screening. **
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.