Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will be proud to say you work with Leidos because not only do we treat our employees like an important part of our business, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support and more! If this sounds like the kind of place where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Junior SIGINT Engineer will support a large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of large, collection systems. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
The Jr. SIGINT Engineer will perform full lifecycle support to the customer on complex data systems and networks. They will provide solutions to the customer applying expertise with systems engineering and networks/components.. The Jr. SIGINT Engineer will also provide technical guidance to the customer in relation to SIGINT systems.
- Provide activities, research, and support to engineering efforts and maintenance of the system front end access systems, SSE, OSCE, and related normalizing enablers for FOPs.
- Review JIRA Tickets to ensure corrective measures are being followed to effect resolution of the outage/discrepancy.
- Review Operational Documentation and Procedures for the customer systems.
- Review technical training for systems in coordination with customer Documentation and Training personnel.
- Document any and all technical changes to the systems and incorporate those changes within the Operational floor when and where required in coordination with customer Documentation and Training personnel.
- Ad-hoc Hazardous duty travel is required for this position
- Clearance - Active TS/SCI with polygraph
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Computer, Systems) or Computer Science (this is not a programmer position) or related technical field of study
- LINUX or UNIX administration/maintenance experience
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Self- motivated, creative, willing to work as a member of a team, organized and able to manage individual schedule.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and non-standard hours when needed.
- Candidates possessing system administration and/or network engineering backgrounds will be considered if they have the above skillset.
Knowledge of SIGINT systems and SIGINT dataflows.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.