Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The On Site Technical Representative II will support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, and change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.
The On Site Technical Representatives -OSTR- report to the Service Desk Lead and provides 24/7/365 Information Technology and communications support to the NORAD-NORTHCOM Office of Defense Coordination and co-located dependencies, which include the Information Analysis Center, PATT, Defense Attaché Office and Fifth Floor Operations Center at U.S. Embassy Mexico City. Support is also extended to two external CENTRIXS sites operating in host nation (Government Of Mexico) military installations. OSTR duties and responsibilities encompass end-user support and uninterrupted operation of servers, workstations, peripherals and data and voice communications equipment for the NIPRNET, SIPRNET, secret releasable (CENTRIXS) and unfiltered Internet networks serving a community of 75 to 80 users which include U.S., inter-agency, Foreign National staff, partner nation, permanent, intermittent and rotating personnel. The bi-national nature of the user community requires that the OSTR is in good command of the Spanish language. Access to restricted areas in the embassy requires the OSTRs to have a TS security clearance.
While the OSTR team operates as an extension of the Service Desk, the roles and responsibilities of the incumbents require the ability, knowledge and expertise to apply timely first line hands-on intervention and trouble remediation of a wide and complex array of technical issues.
This position will report directly to the Service Desk Lead with regular interaction with the Network Operations Center, Director of Operations and government POCs.
- System administration duties include imaging and configuration of SIPRNET and NIPRNET workstations with current and approved system baselines; management and creation of new user accounts and maintenance of the corresponding user profiles and security group membership per operating standards
- Monitor operations and performance of the main State Department (DTSPO) long-haul VPN circuit interconnecting the NORAD-NORTHCOM enterprise network to the ODC Mexico enclave via State Department’s network transport, the Network Access Point of the Americas (NAP) and DISA as well as 4 commercial VPN circuits servicing the CENTRIXS Mexico wide area inter-connect and the State Department (DTSPO) VPN circuit servicing the CENTRIXS long-haul connectivity to the SOUTHCOM Headquarters’ CENTRIXS point-of-presence. The OSTRs are ready to provide hands-on network troubleshooting and recovery assistance to commercial vendors and to inter-agency network administrators as needed
- During short or extended network outages or service degradation, the OSTR engages with the N-NC NETOPS team and assists throughout the troubleshooting and resolution process
- OSTR may be called upon to perform test or remedial actions at the physical layer up to the network and transport layers requiring an acute knowledge of the network infrastructure, network appliances and configurations as well as interaction with local or remote service provider counterparts to streamline the process
- OSTSR enforce established cybersecurity policies, procedures and standards, per DOD/NNC guidance and are responsible for maintaining current cryptographic material loaded and operational
- Serves as local Trusted Agent for NIPRNET CAC and SIPRNET PKI user Token management Issuance and password reset in coordination with the Command’s designated LRA. For the accomplishment of this task, the OSTR requires to be familiar with the CIW Token Management System and the AFPKI CAC PIN Reset platforms
- Assists the ODC Management in validating new information systems or communications requirements by providing the most appropriate, efficient and compliant solution to present the information through the approval workflow by means of the change request or service request process. Utilization of the SCSM application
- OSTR is responsible for maintaining up-to-date schematics and diagrams of cable plant, communications equipment rack and computer equipment under their responsibility and posting any updates to the NORAD-NORTHCOM portal within 30 days of the change
- OSTR serves as on-site mobile communications technician responsible for the activation, upgrade and maintenance of 25 ODC Mexico, N-NC issued, cell phones and digital tablets in compliance with DISA’s Defense Enterprise Email (DEE) Mobility program. Full knowledge of DISA’s DEPO tool and Blackberry Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) platform is required
- OSTR is responsible for reporting accurate and detailed incident occurrences by means of the Microsoft System Center Service Manager (SCSM) or other Service Desk Tool and making sure that issues are resolved within the Statement of Work established priority levels
- OSTR will support any Government plans to migrate from one network to another
- OSTR will support the following equipment: 15 TEMPEST SIPRNET workstations and peripherals; 3 SIPRNET S-VOIP instruments; 55-60 NIPRNET workstations and peripherals; 10 unfiltered Internet Microsoft Windows 10 workstations dedicated to language testing; 20 Unfiltered Internet VOIP devices; 2 SIPRNET CISCO Video Conferencing systems; 25 mobile phones and 2 tablets provisioned with DISA Enterprise E-mail; 3 Iridium satellite phones; 2 local servers running Microsoft Server 2012 and 2016 Operating systems; 16 CENTRIXS workstations running the Microsoft Windows 10 Operating System; 6 CENTRIXS CISCO VOIP instruments; 3 CENTRIXS CISCO routers and 3 CENTRIXS CISCO switches (off site); and Fiber optics and copper cable connectivity (inside and outside plant) at all sites
- Bachelor’s and 2 to 4 years’ experience or High school diploma and 6 to 8 years’ experience
- Must maintain a 8570 Level II certification (COMPTIA Security+) and (COMPTIA A+) and Microsoft Windows 10 MCSA
- Experience with networking, COMSEC, VoIP, SCSM, VTCs
- Must have a secret clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI
- Network configuration, operations and administration (CISCO and Juniper Systems)
- SIPRNET CIW Token Management System and unclassified AFPKI CAC PIN Reset
- Blackberry Unified End-Point Management (UEM)
- Alternative Credentials for Disadvantaged Users (ACDU)
- Defense Enterprise Provisioning Online (DEPO)
- DISA’s Public Key Infrastructure Purebred
- Fluency in Spanish
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.