As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems a number of US federal agencies as well as international agencies. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the United Kingdom Home Office Biometrics program located in Fairmont, WV.
The current HOB Program is focused on maximizing the public safety benefits of fingerprints, DNA and facial matching. With biometric technology developing at pace, and with new biometrics emerging rapidly, this landscape brings with it a number of important choices for Government, especially how to maximize the potential benefits to the public whilst protecting the privacy of the individual and addressing any potential impact of data aggregation. The HOB Program will transform the existing biometrics capabilities into a technically converged, but commercially disaggregated, strategic biometrics capability.
- Perform regression testing, covering full suite of Operational Test Scenarios for builds and/or images to be delivered to customer.
- Develop detailed test plans, test data and define test acceptance criteria.
- Prepare test report summarizing test results including anomalies, systems errors, and configuration changes.
- Support the software configuration management process and understand software components and their interface requirements.
- Implement Test Driven Development (TDD) practices within the program’s agile framework to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks.
- Interface with software developers, analysts, and other project team members using the Agile Scrum methodology.
- Verify specific action or function of code and demonstrate successfully to Product Owner.
- Assist the software development team in the implementation of automated regression testing.
- Be involved in analyses and the investigation of related applications engineering tasks and prepares design specifications, analysis, and recommendations.
- Interact with senior management and other engineers
- Must be a US citizen and have at least a DoD Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a UK Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technologies, and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 + years of prior relevant experience
- Collaborator, self-starter, strategic providing input to technical design to meet project objectives
- Experience testing desktop and web applications.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and deliver results key milestones targets.
- Experience designing and implementing performance, integration, and automated tests.
- Effective verbal communication skills with strong writing capabilities.
- Strong experience creating SQL queries for Oracle and/or PostgreSQL to verify and validate software data calls.
- Must be proficient in scripting and process automation
- Ability to provide leadership and mentoring to colleagues.
- Previous experience as a team lead.
- Experience with Unix-based Operating Systems, including scripting.
- Previous biometrics experience.
- Scrum Master Certification
- SAFe Certification
- Familiarity with IDENT1 environment
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.