As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems a number of US federal agencies as well as international agencies. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the United Kingdom Home Office Biometrics program located in Fairmont, WV.
The current HOB Program is focused on maximizing the public safety benefits of fingerprints, DNA and facial matching. With biometric technology developing at pace, and with new biometrics emerging rapidly, this landscape brings with it a number of important choices for Government, especially how to maximize the potential benefits to the public whilst protecting the privacy of the individual and addressing any potential impact of data aggregation. The HOB Program will transform the existing biometrics capabilities into a technically converged, but commercially disaggregated, strategic biometrics capability.
- Provides all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
- Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a client/server environment.
- Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
- Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
- Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., COGNOS)/back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL). Performs database programming and supports systems design.
- Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
- Must be a US citizen with at least DoD Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a UK Clearance
- BS Degree and minimum of 4+ years of relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of relevant experience
- SQL programming experience required
- Relational database experience required
- Understanding of database replication
- Experience in Oracle database administration
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: knowledge of applicable highly complex office procedures and techniques relating to position.
- Excellent English, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be proficient in scripting and process automation
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.