The Leidos Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosives (CBRNE) Portfolio has an opening for a talented Software Engineer to assist the Chemical Biological Center (CBC) – Nuclear, Biological, Chemical Battlefield Integration Branch (NBCBIB) in support of science and technology efforts relating to information systems to help Joint Forces respond to nuclear, chemical, and biological threats. Located at Aberdeen Proving Ground, the ideal candidate will support software development, systems integration, testing, and documentation. The Software Engineer will work closely with other members of a multidisciplinary team in support of multiple funded projects for various Government agencies. Support involves planning, designing, implementing, integrating, and testing of software systems and other solutions.
- Functions as a team member with computer scientists, programmers, program managers, electrical engineers, and scientists by performing research and development on CBRN related software systems.
- Develop robust software applications and libraries in a variety of languages, including but not limited to Java, Python, and C#. Applications include: middleware services, Android applications, software for unmanned systems, and sensor interface devices.
- Produce prototype hardware/software solutions using Raspberry Pi or similar platform.
- Conduct extensive and thorough software testing, to include automated unit testing, integration testing, and end-to-end testing.
- Analyze test data, and suggest and implement software improvements.
- Contribute to CBRNE data models for the Integrated Sensor Architecture (ISA) and Cursor on Target (CoT).
- Assist in maintenance and management of code repositories and artifactories.
- Assist the Branch Chief with project management tasks.
- Interface with Program Managers at agencies including DTRA and JPEO-CBRND. Collaborate with distributed teams assembled by these Program Managers.
- Prepare and present briefings, to include project status updates, as well as conference presentations.
- Produce software documentation.
- Plan and participate in field exercises and demonstrations of software solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science or related field, with at least 6 years of applicable experience.
- Deep understanding of core computer science concepts, including Object Oriented Design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Expertise in at least one of these languages: Java, Python, C++, C#.
- Experience developing software libraries and application program interfaces (APIs).
- Ability to support field testing several weeks per year, sometimes at remote test ranges.
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Experience working with virtual machines.
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance after hire. U.S. Citizenship is required for a Secret Clearance.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field.
- Familiarity with technologies such as: Git, Docker, Android, Raspberry Pi, Ansible, SQL.
- Knowledge of the CBRNE mission space.
- Knowledge of military C4 systems, including common operating pictures (COPs), radios, and the Integrated Sensor Architecture (ISA).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.