Leidos Defense group is seeking a THAAD Field Engineer for a long-term assignment in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) - mandatory training and preparation at Ft. Bliss, TX is required prior to deployment. The successful candidate will function as a Field Engineer with the THAAD Missile Defense System and will assist the customer in the operation, maintenance, march-order, and emplacement of the THAAD Fire Control & Communication (TFCC) Systems and THAAD Launching Station in accordance with established Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs), Technical Manuals (TMs), policies, procedures, and processes. The candidate will be a member of a support team and will perform all duties under minimal supervision and cross-train to gain proficiency working with other elements of the THAAD system.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide field and sustainment level maintenance support to UAE THAAD Fire Units.
- Support the customer in managing and monitoring the maintenance and sustainment program to include scheduling services, system upgrades, and modifications.
- Perform all maintenance actions and failure troubleshooting that are above the level of the Enhanced Operator/Maintainers (EOM) to include but not limited to: software, hardware, interconnecting cabling, electrical system, and networks.
- Create, update, and complete Maintenance Actions within allotted time and verify completeness and accuracy of maintenance reports.
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading and comprehending electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Identify issues, develop, and submit investigation reports to assist program engineers with design changes.
- Maintain and sustain THAAD Training Devices and related software.
- Handle and inspect electrostatic sensitive devices.
- Support the customer's training programs through collaboration with our program partners to ensure highly trained and competent service members.
- Understand the customer's expectations and perceptions in order to provide the best support possible; focusing on mission, values, and goals.
- Address all comments and feedback received from the customer; strive to receive no negative feedback from the customer.
- Establish trust and confidence by creating and maintaining open, candid lines of communication with the customer and partner companies & agencies.
- Perform all duties under minimal supervision and cross train to gain proficiency working with all elements of the THAAD system.
- Demonstrate discipline, adaptability, attention to detail, foster collaboration, sound judgement, and initiative.
- Assist teammates with THAAD specific procedures and overall THAAD operating requirements, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in a related discipline, with four (4) years of experience; or equivalent experience/combined education.
- Must have a practical knowledge of the professional discipline, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience, and has a general understanding of industry practices and standards.
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET clearance
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a CompTIA Security+ certification within six (6) months of hire.
- Must possess a valid U.S. Passport with no restrictions on travel.
- Knowledge of Physical Security standards and practices (AR 190-13), and COMSEC & CCI handling and utilization.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to master new technical and training applications within a short time.
- Experience and knowledge of US Army Air and Missile Defense operations.
- Experience and knowledge of US Army Supply and Logistics systems and practices.
- Possesses CompTIA A+, Network+, Linux+ Certifications.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.