We want to meet you! Leidos is seeking a Software Developer based in Aberdeen MD with operations located at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
At Leidos, we’re looking for innovators, ideators, and game-changes to join the APG team. In this role, you will support our customer in creating capabilities and providing technical services, subject matter expertise, and software solutions and services for platforms essential in maintaining readiness for today’s modern platform sensor systems such as:
- Long-Range Advanced Scout Surveillance System (LRAS3),
- Biometric Automated Toolset Army (BAT-A),
- Second Generation Forward Looking Infrared (2GF),
- Persistent Surveillance System Tethered (PSS-T),
- Common Sensor Payload (CSP),
- Guardrail Common Sensor (GRCS),
- Enhanced Medium Altitude Reconnaissance and Surveillance System (EMARSS),
- Tactical SIGINT Payload (TSP),
- Airborne Reconnaissance Low (ARL-E),
- Small Tactical Radar Lightweight (STARLite)
Designs, develops, and maintains software for a variety of engineering applications. Works with analysts to understand their analytic or interface requirements. Develops tools and interfaces. Designs, develops, and tests operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software applications. Sets operational specifications and formulates and analyzes software requirements. Designs embedded systems software. Key tasks include sprint development and execution support; SW development (code/unit test); unit integration and test.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or engineering discipline
- 2 year of functional software experience with C/C#/C++ and/or Java; Linux OS
- Must possess an active Top Secret security clearance
- Advanced Degree is desirable
- Understanding and experience in the complete life-cycle of the software in military systems
- ADA code base development/understanding a strong plus
- Familiarity with CECOM Software Engineering Center Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) & Post Production Software Support (PPSS) processes a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.