The Maritime Systems Division is seeking a Systems Integration Engineer in Arlington VA. Some INCONUS travel required (Dallas TX, Patuxent River MD, etc.).
The successful candidate will provide effective and efficient systems engineering support to the Advanced Sensor Technologies (AST) Program Office developing an airborne radar system. The candidate will also be supporting a prototype development of a maritime automatic target recognition using machine learning techniques. The person in this position will work directly with both the Leidos team and the government program office to assist in ensuring success of all aspects of the programs systems engineering efforts.
In this position the expectation is that the employee will be engaged at some level in all of the following activities:
- Support Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) in development and staffing of POM issue sheets supporting future enhancements and capabilities.
- Provide support to the preparation of detailed mission scenarios, timelines analysis, and requirements allocations for the capabilities to be delivered to the Fleet/users from approved capabilities/operational requirement documents.
- Assist in engineering studies to establish and refine operational needs, attributes, performance parameters, and constraints to support program requirements.
- Assist in the analysis of current capabilities, shortfalls of existing RDT&E systems, and technical documentation as necessary to recommend potential incremental, spiral and pre-planned product improvements.
- Support coordination with external agencies in the development of system interface requirements and interoperability requirements.
- Provide technical support in the development and coordination of contractual documentation such as Basic Ordering Agreement (BOA), Statement of Work (SOW), Performance Work Statement (PWS), and Contracts Data Requirements Lists.
- Support the evaluation of System Developer’s contract proposals for technical feasibility, which may include providing or supporting the Independent Government Cost Assessment (IGCA) and/or Technical Analysis Review (TAR).
- Provide technical support to identify, document, and verify the functional, performance, and physical characteristics of systems; to control changes and non-conformance; and to track actual configurations of systems and platforms throughout the product life cycle.
- Support analyses of the system developer’s formal and informal Contractual Deliverable Requirement List (CDRLs) such as design documentation, drawings, interface specifications, algorithms, software, and hardware for technical accuracy, and compliance to contractual requirements.
- Conduct independent assessments on the system developer’s designs and products to provide feedback to the Government regarding design adequacy to include the likelihood of meeting system requirements and operational certification.
- Support the assessment of Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), variances, deviations, and the waivers for cost, schedule and technical impacts.
Current Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
Bachelor degree with a minimum of 12 years of relevant experience in DoD acquisition programs
3 years experience with Risk Management processes evaluating cost, schedule and performance requirements
Strong communication skills; proven conflict resolution skills
Degree in engineering
Experience in United States Navy P-3C or P8A aircraft systems
Experience with the LSRS (Littoral Surveillance Radar System) and/or the Advanced Airborne Sensor (AAS) Systems.
Prior USN Naval Aviator
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.