The Mission Systems Integration division of Leidos is seeking a Configuration Manager to support multiple programs in Northern Virginia. This position will require an active Secret Clearance to be considered. The Configuration Manager will be responsible for maintaining system and process baselines for all program applications, deliverables and components as well as conduct formal software builds and installation on baselined system. The successful candidate will ideally have experience with MIL-HDBK-61 A in a DoD Navy environment
General job responsibilities:
- Plan, implement, and maintain a Configuration Management (CM) program that includes Configuration Identification (CI), control, and status accounting, and ensures configuration control of the MUSV (Medium Unmanned Surface Vehicle) drawings, hardware, software, firmware, and specifications.
- Develop a CM Plan that describes the Configuration Management Program, how it is organized, how it will be conducted, and the methods, procedures, and controls for effective configuration identification, change control, and status accounting of the total configuration including hardware, software, and firmware
- Working knowledge of MIL-HDBK-61A or ANSI/EIA-649B “Configuration Management Standard”
Specific work items to be performed include:
- Document and maintain end-to-end processes for product development, peer review, change control, test and engineering release activities
- Develop processes for tracking Configuration Items including customer provided items
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a Configuration Management plan, Configuration Management and Document Management procedures
- Configuration Control
- Use automated tools for maintaining Functional Baseline (FBL), Allocated Baseline, and Product Baselines (PBL)
- Maintain Configuration Management of all system documentation with Government approval required for ECPs, Deviations, and/or Waivers
- Manage the release of software change-sets, processes, vessel baselines/drawings and software configuration changes specified by management and other functional groups
- Track all problems and changes in work products and report changes and current configuration
- Prepare, maintain and inventory hardware, software and associated technical drawings for assigned projects
- Facilitate Engineering Review Board and Configuration Control Board meetings
- Maintain Configuration Status Accounting Data
- Provide monthly configuration and document metric reporting for management review
- Create minutes for Engineering Review Board and Configuration Control Board meetings
- Record and maintain assessment and audit findings, minutes, and action items
- Perform Configuration Status Accounting audits and create CSA Reports
- Maintain status accounting records to ensure that current and historical configurations of products can be accurately determined throughout the product life cycle
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of relevant experience
- Must have an active Secret Security Clearance
- Knowledge of CMMI Level 3 processes
- Previous CM certification compliant with DoD MIL-HDBK-61
- Experience with CMPro and SharePoint
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.